No announcement yet.

AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...on-HD5400.aspx a beta. I've tested it with hd5650. No luck with the UVD2 / vaapi acceleration - still garbled output with evergreen. (Not that i was expecting it to be fixed in such a release, but i tested it nevertheless)

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
      Hi,

I have uploaded a new snapshot of MPlayer/VAAPI:
      splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Version 2010.02.12
      * Add EOSD support (ASS subtitles)
      With this mplayer-vaapi snapshot and xvba 0.6.6 ASS works! This solves my earlier problems; my test clips now render the subs properly and keeps my CPU idle. Nice work!

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
        Hi,

I have uploaded a new snapshot of MPlayer/VAAPI:
        splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Version 2010.02.12
        * Fix YV12 rendering for SW codecs
        * Add EOSD support (ASS subtitles)
        * Add compatibility with original VA-API 0.29
        * Add support for -geometry +xxx+yyy (Adam Strzelecki)

For EOSD & AMD, you need xvba-video >= 0.6.6.
        Gwenole, thanks for the update. I have tested it on an HD 2600, HD 3300 and HD 3870 and it worked great! The coloring has improved but only occasionally becomes distorted. My CPU usage actually went down from 13-15% on my notebook to 9-10% for 720p video.

Comment

• No luck here with Evergreen + 10.2. 5650 garbled output like before. Somehow it's garbling differently tho...and libAMDXvBA size and bytes changed..so something is going on ...

Comment

• xvba-video 0.6.7

A new version of xvba-video, the XvBA backend to VA-API, is now available at:

Version 0.6.7 - 18.Feb.2010
            * Use fail-safe values for H.264 videos encoded over [email protected]
            * Fix hue rotation to preserve luminance
            * Fix internal contrast range to [ 0.0f .. 10.0f ]
            * Fix rendering of multiple subpictures per surface
            * Fix vaCopySurfaceGLX() for surfaces with dimensions not a multiple of 16

- The first change ensures that we don't crash or do weird things if we throw unsupported H.264 contents to the decoder. Wel, it
            tries to get things on a safer side, without really fixing it.

- The ProcAmp changes are probably still not correct but this looks better for contrast and hue rotation.

- The fourth change fixes rendering of multiple subpictures per surface. In particular, you can now have OSD + EOSD + ProcAmp
            adjustment bars (3 subpictures) in MPlayer without crashing the application.

- The last change is a workaround for a serious XvBA flaw, now implemented in vaCopySurfaceGLX(). e.g. for mplayer -vo vaapi:gl -va
            vaapi. As a side effect, this would also workaround another limitation in the future iteration (0.6.8) whereby only GL_BGRA textures
            are supported at this time.

Comment

• Are you really sure that this fixes h264 files which used to crash the system? The system is still unresponsive when i try that.

Comment

• Btw. even when the 0.6.7 deb is installed the vainfo reports 0.6.6, so which version did i really test?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Are you really sure that this fixes h264 files which used to crash the system? The system is still unresponsive when i try that.
                  This fixes what I described. So, yes for the question but I don't know what and how you tried.

Btw. even when the 0.6.7 deb is installed the vainfo reports 0.6.6, so which version did i really test?
                  Obviously not 0.6.7. Your libva installation is broken somehow. I don't know what you do, but it's clearly bad. Check the load path for example.

Comment

• Right, had an older copy in the home it does not seem to fully crashy anymore but mpeg2 full hd shows even with mplayer a green line below and colors are incorrect.

Comment

• @kano: you mentioned using vdr + streamdev with mplayer libva: you have any idea how to switch hd channels (say: from ard hd to zdf hd) in mplayer and get the new picture up and running? mplayer won't survive a channel switch here (mplayer cache is left @ default values) - mabye I miss some other mplayer configuration? Or is it because mplayer+libva does not like the signal breaking away for a second?

Comment

Working...
                      X