AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by monraaf View Post
    Hey that's good news! This means I'm not the only one with this issue My video's look exactly the same with this vaapi stuff.
    Hey, this looks like my cat! Unfortunately, XvBA does not work on Radeon HD 5xxx series. This is an unsupported chip. Is this what you used?

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
      Hey, this looks like my cat! Unfortunately, XvBA does not work on Radeon HD 5xxx series. This is an unsupported chip. Is this what you used?
      Yes, HD 5750.

Comment

• yes i have 5850.
        and yes that is image of cat from hwdecode-demos.

when we can except support for 5xxx chip? it "almost" work.

Comment

• Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
          i installed catalyst 10.1 on Ubuntu 9.10
          download libva libva-dev xvba-video packages from http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/ and install it.
          then download mplayer-vaapi-latest.tar.bz2 too.
          apt-get buil-dep mplayer
          ./checkout-patch-build.sh
          script successfully download and compiled whle mplayer.
          when i try play file ./mplayer some-file.mp4 it work.
          when i try run ./mplayer -vo vaapi -va vaapi some-file.mp4 i get this

CPU usage is 0-1% so acceleration work
          add -vo vaapi:gl[:reflect] is same.

using only -vo vaapi withou -va vaapi lead to normal output only colors is switched. people have blue faces. and CPU usage is 20-30%

using only -va vaapi is normal but CPU is still 20-30%
          I am experiencing the exact same results! I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my notebook with an HD 2600, compiled the latest mplayer-vaapi successfully, and every video I play has blue everywhere!

I guess I'm going back to Ubuntu 9.04....

Comment

• Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
            yes i have 5850.
            and yes that is image of cat from hwdecode-demos.

when we can except support for 5xxx chip? it "almost" work.
            I am afraid if this was meant to be fixed, I would have written "this chip is not supported *yet*". This might get fixed in a future driver release though this is not something that is considered yet. There are other bugs to fix first, thanks for your patience.

Comment

• Gbeauche, thanks for all of your hard work!
              We really appreciate your efforts towards the AMD/ATI community

Comment

• Originally posted by RemcoL View Post
                I'm on squeeze with 2.6.32-trunk-amd64, 10.1 and all the latest VAAPI stuff, and it works. I did not install the latest X server update though, since I heard it would break everything because fglrx doesn't support that version yet.

Oh, and I installed it all manually.
                RemcoL, what version of Xorg did you install then? Was it 1.7-4??
                If so, this package has been removed from the Testing branch altogether. I'll try to find it from another source

Comment

• ATI Radeon HD 4850, Catalyst 10.1, ubuntu 9.10 64bit

in mplayer when -vo vaapi is used then colours are wrong - blue and red seem to be swapped. if i use only -va vaapi then it shows correctly, but doesn't seem to help with cpu usage very much (if at all). i see i am not only one with this problem, but according to http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbe...ne/xvba-video/ ATI Radeon 4870 should be officially supported. I have 4850 which should use same chipset then 4870 if i am not mistaken (RV770), but maybe its some difference in it which causes problems?

Comment

• Originally posted by selmi View Post
                    in mplayer when -vo vaapi is used then colours are wrong - blue and red seem to be swapped. if i use only -va vaapi then it shows correctly, but doesn't seem to help with cpu usage very much (if at all). i see i am not only one with this problem, but according to http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbe...ne/xvba-video/ ATI Radeon 4870 should be officially supported. I have 4850 which should use same chipset then 4870 if i am not mistaken (RV770), but maybe its some difference in it which causes problems?
                    -va vaapi has no effect if you are not using -vo vaapi. Thus, you would probably be using Xv.

Concerning your colors problem, there are bugs and this is the current priority. Does this happen with a specific clip only or did you notice that with others too? Please try to post a capture (with a real camera for example). The clip could also help to see if this relates to the known problem. Thanks.

Note that only H.264 and VC-1 are accelerated. MPEG-4 Part-2 (DivX) are not handled by the HW. Please provide more information: MPlayer version used, likewise for xvba-video and the clip info.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineGrace View Post
                      RemcoL, what version of Xorg did you install then? Was it 1.7-4??
                      If so, this package has been removed from the Testing branch altogether. I'll try to find it from another source
                      remco@mirage:~$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg
                      xserver-xorg:
                      Installed: 1:7.4+4
                      Candidate: 1:7.5+3
                      remco@mirage:~$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-core
                      xserver-xorg-core:
                      Installed: 2:1.6.5-1
                      Candidate: 2:1.7.4-2

I have them in my apt cache, so if you can't find them anywhere else, drop me a PM

Comment

Working...
                      X