AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
    My reports are 100% correct. I mailed you screenshots already.
    (1) you did not attach the screenshot, (2) I don't see what I can do with a single screenshot. The video clip is mandatory. That's for the NVIDIA part. Besides, the exact reference of the chipset is also needed as the driver has bugs depending on the chipset.

For the AMD part, the clip is also needed since there are many other clips that work here. I don't call that 100% correct.

Comment

• xvba-video 0.6.6

A new version of xvba-video, the XvBA backend to VA-API, is now available at:
      splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Version 0.6.6 - 11.Feb.2010
      * Fix XvBA objects destruction for fglrx >= 8.70.3
      * Fix vaPutImage() to a surface used for decoding
      * Fix vaGetImage()/vaPutSurface() with surface dimensions not a multiple of 16
      * Fix rendering of VA subpictures that were previously deassociated

The third change is actually two different workarounds for a single and major flaw in XvBA. I have not fully regression tested but this looks OK for MPlayer, Gnash and VLC. This should fix Kano problems.

The fourth change is a fix for MPlayer/VA-API with ASS support, and that I will probably upload tomorrow. I have to check against the latest Intel drivers first. NVIDIA is already fine.

Regards,
      Gwenole.

Comment

• vlc 1.1 git works now with vaapi + xvba-video, but it crashes at the end of the movie.

Comment

• If anyone interested, I've filed a bugreport about Evergreen r800 UDV2 catalyst 10.1 problem here: http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1754 . Vote / comment pls, if you feel like.

Comment

• MPlayer/VAAPI 2010/02/12

Hi,

I have uploaded a new snapshot of MPlayer/VAAPI:
            splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Version 2010.02.12
            * Fix YV12 rendering for SW codecs
            * Add EOSD support (ASS subtitles)
            * Add compatibility with original VA-API 0.29
            * Add support for -geometry +xxx+yyy (Adam Strzelecki)

For EOSD & AMD, you need xvba-video >= 0.6.6.

Comment

• I tested it with my graphic card and it actually worked. Using Ubuntu 9.10 and fglrx 10.1.

$ lspci | grep VGA
              01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV630 [Radeon HD 2600XT]

I used pre-built packages from http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbe...mplayer-vaapi/.

The planet earth clip wasn't really playable as it was lagging and had quite a lot of disturbances.
              Big Buck Bunny played really well but sometimes, during short intervals, got a purple hue.
              Another clip (720p) I had lying around also work quite well but might have had slightly strange colours.

Comment

• Is it possible to use something like mplayer -vo vaapi:gl:deint=2 -va vaapi -fs <video>.ts to deinterlace astra hd promo channel? I'm getting a lot of error messages and no picture:

Code:
                xvba_video: XVBA_TransferSurface(): status 215/115 10%  5% 16.6% 9 0 27%
                [vo_vaapi] vaCopySurfaceGLX(): operation failed
                xvba_video: XVBA_TransferSurface(): status 217/117 10%  5% 17.2% 9 0 27%
                [vo_vaapi] vaCopySurfaceGLX(): operation failed
                GPU Chipset is 785G (RS880)
                Karmic 32bit
                fglrx 10.1
                libva: libva version 0.31.0-sds4
                vainfo: VA API version: 0.31
                vainfo: Driver version: Splitted-Desktop Systems XvBA backend for VA API - 0.6.6

It runs fine without deint=2, not deinterlaced then ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuxoholic View Post
                  Is it possible to use something like mplayer -vo vaapi:gl:deint=2 -va vaapi -fs <video>.ts to deinterlace astra hd promo channel? I'm getting a lot of error messages and no picture
                  Deinterlacing is broken in XvBA. It's the second most critical bug that has to be fixed by the end of April.

Comment

• I see, thanks for the info gbeauche - will there be more inbuilt deinterlace strategies like "linear blend" in your upcoming release?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuxoholic View Post
                      I see, thanks for the info gbeauche - will there be more inbuilt deinterlace strategies like "linear blend" in your upcoming release?
                      Only bob deinterlacing at this time. More elaborated deinterlacers are not, and won't be, exposed to the public builds of xvba-video.

Comment

Working...
                      X