• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are those libs not in there:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
      apparently not AFAICS.

the OVDecode.lib is there for the windows 32bit install, but OVDecode.so is not in the 32 bit linux lib/x86 dir, didn't check the 64bit packages.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
        XvBA has public libraries and private headers. OpenVideo has public headers and private (or inexistent) libraries for Linux. Ever seen something right at ATI?

LOL, also they have problems with the win32 install too, their SDK Installation Notes say that you can install it on a PC with a non supported OpenCL Gfx card installed, and still run the CL examples on the CPU, but they Dont

Comment

• So Bridgman any chance you can chase this down and find out who scewed up ? and why that OVDecode library is missing from the current Linux SDK

as it seem's gbeauche or indeed anyone cant even begin to look into supporting Video decoding without All the required files in a fully self contained Direct download URL Update would be nice ASAP

what a mess this chrismas SDK release is turning into, and just as the world's OSS Dev's are home for the holiday's and looking to contribute some new spare time and effort to projects.....

Comment

• So will support for UVD 1 cards ever be fixed? According to wikipedia UVD 2 cards are the only ones even supported by XvBA

Comment

• Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
              So will support for UVD 1 cards ever be fixed? According to wikipedia UVD 2 cards are the only ones even supported by XvBA
              apparently not, gbeauche cant work miracles if the long time bugs he's already reported under NDA to AMD Dont get fixed.

Bridgman, you didn't comment on my other post above , did you miss the request to sort that missing OVDecode library, so people can at least start to look at testing that for video decode on AMD at least...

Comment

• Btw, now I've a question: Since last friday, I'm not able to access to the official xvba-video download address anymore... (I've been trying to update xvba-video to version 0.7.7)

The site is giving a "404 not found" error...

Did it happen something to the address?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by popper View Post
                  Bridgman, you didn't comment on my other post above , did you miss the request to sort that missing OVDecode library, so people can at least start to look at testing that for video decode on AMD at least...
                  I didn't think OpenDecode had been released for Linux -- AFAIK it is Windows-only right now.
                  Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by evolution View Post
                    Btw, now I've a question: Since last friday, I'm not able to access to the official xvba-video download address anymore... (I've been trying to update xvba-video to version 0.7.7)

The site is giving a "404 not found" error...

Did it happen something to the address?
                    It should be back online, the website suffered a failure.

Comment

• So far, so good

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
                      It should be back online, the website suffered a failure.
                      Thanks. I've just upgraded my xvba-video libs to 0.7.7 and I can tell you everything's working properly with both my personal laptop HD2600 (and Catalyst 10.7) card and with my desktop's HD4650 AGP card (and Catalyst 10.12).
                      With this xvba-video version, I also found that the "segmentation fault" error when typing the vainfo command in the terminal was fixed (using the libva library from freedesktop.org).

Finally, thanks for reporting the problem with UVD1 video cards and recent catalyst versions (It'd be a nice new year present if ATI devs could fix the problem...)

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X