No announcement yet.

AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont record, i watch it live, as long as i don't change size it plays more or less forever, i just dislike the content of that tv station

Comment

• Hi.

I had Catalyst 9.11 installed so I couldn't make it work that way. I thought that was the reason. I uninstalled 9.11 and installed 9.10. Re-installed libav, xvba-video and re-execute the script (except the pbuild, just did 'configure' && 'make' by myself)

Well, it keeps failing. The error is /usr/lib/libXvBAW.so.1 does not exist.
      I found it in /usr/lib32. I copied libXvBAW.so.1.0 to /usr/lib and did the symlink. The error this time was that logically it was not a 64 bits lib.

So, I wonder how i got the 32 bits version of the library. Catalyst 9.10, libva, and xvba-video were 64 bits.

Any idea to get the 64 bit libraries?

Comment

• Well ATI is very clever to make it extra difficult to get the correct libs on 64 bit systems when you run the official installer without packageing. Look at this:

Code:
                            #[WL} Remove 64bit support for Maximus as it is not currently ready
                            #cp -R arch/${ArchDir}/usr/X11R6/lib64/libAMDXvBA*.* \
                            #      ${TmpDrvFilesDir}/${ATI_XLIB_64}
                            #cp -R arch/${ArchDir}/usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvBAW*.* \
                            #      ${TmpDrvFilesDir}/${ATI_XLIB_64}
        Taken from ati-installer.sh. So you have to --extract the package to remove those # and execute ati-installer.sh. Maybe somebody from ATI could remove the # by default soon...

Comment

• So thank you mate.

I extracted the source packages and copied libXvBAW.so.1.0 to /usr/lib. It's working now.

I've seen a new .deb version of xvba-video has just come out today (well, at least today for my time zone, cause yesterday it wasn't there). It seems it supports (kind of) subtitles.

Comment

• Yes, my script is updated already, however i would really prefer when there would be debs with latest instead of the current version as symlink too. That's stupid this way that i have to change my script everytime.

Comment

• @kano: what parameter should I use to watch interlaced material (e.g. 1080i)? Is it possible anyway? I keep getting vf scale error messages the way I start mplayer with interlaced material.

Comment

• In theory you could press D with vaapi now too (before it was vdpau only). But xvba-video does not support it, so you lost -vf is not possible to use with vaapi/vdpau anyway as it is rendered by the card itself. It works with nvida backend with the simple deinterlacer that should support even 8400 GS or ION.

Comment

• mplayer-vaapi cropping

Has anybody else noticed video scaling problems with mplayer-vaapi and xvba? It's cropping out the bottom 8% or so of videos for me. Using this test video, it's pretty easy to see XvBA's cropping. I first noticed it when some subtitled seemed misaligned, but then I realized that they were hard subs embedded in the video stream..

Here are comparison screenshots of the video playing at native res (640x480):
                  Software rendering
                  XvBA rendering

I'm using:
                  mplayer-vaapi-20091127
                  xvba-video-0.5.4.x86_64
                  libva-0.31.0
                  Catalyst 9.10
                  ATi HD4870

Comment

• Originally posted by xipu View Post
                    Has anybody else noticed video scaling problems with mplayer-vaapi and xvba? It's cropping out the bottom 8% or so of videos for me. Using this test video, it's pretty easy to see XvBA's cropping. I first noticed it when some subtitled seemed misaligned, but then I realized that they were hard subs embedded in the video stream..
                    It's working for me but I am using MPlayer 2009/12/07 and fglrx 8.69. Not tried with older versions yet.

Comment

• Currently i have much more problems to find a m2ts movie with H264 WITHOUT wrong colors. I tested win with the same card (4550) and of course there was no such problem. It seems for xvba is not so much code shared with dxva..

Comment

Working...
                      X