No announcement yet.

AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• like i said , denoise3d does exactly what it says on the tin, you ether filter off noise or you dont, you dont then you live with the noise, Now IF You want to say dont use de-noise and up your bitrate to compensate, as in lower the CRF setting as above then i think your wrong,but you may be one of these people that ignore noise etc... its a personal choice.

BUT if you want to actually say dont use the defaults and do some test encodes at different lower settings then fine, i can agree with that , the point being to actually do real tests and see what you (as in anyone) personally prefer.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelda32 View Post
      I am using HD 4650.
      ati catalyst 10.9
      libva 0.31.1-1sds4.
      xvba 0.7.5.

I think libva is rightly compiled since i have libva-glx.so libva.so libva-tpi.so libva-x11.so

but i got this error when running vainfo.
      libva: libva version 0.31.1
      Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
      libva: va_getDriverName() returns -1
      vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

tried playback with mplayer-vaapi -vo vaapi -va vaapi, got that error, and Video: no video error.

Any idea ?
      Anyone ?

Comment

Anyone ?
        What if you do it like this?:

Code:
        export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME="fglrx"
        mplayer-vaapi -vo vaapi -va vaapi movie.avi

Comment

Anyone ?
          No wait.
          Sure you have direct rendering and the driver proberly installed? Seems that your configuration has some problems with dri and thats why vaapi can't detect the name of the driver.

Comment

Anyone ?
            Which version libva is installed and actually used? Make sure /usr/lib/va/drivers/ exists and contains fglrx_drv_video.so, which is a symlink to xvba_drv_video.so. Those files must be readable by the user too. If you use libva from your distribution, e.g. Ubuntu, you'd probably have to symlink those to /usr/lib/dri. BTW, is this 32-bit or 64-bit?

Comment

• @bridgman

Why don't you send gbeauche a new hd 6 card for testing? And maybe a hd 5670 too...

Comment

• Originally posted by tball View Post
                No wait.
                Sure you have direct rendering and the driver proberly installed? Seems that your configuration has some problems with dri and thats why vaapi can't detect the name of the driver.
                How can i check this ?

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
                Which version libva is installed and actually used? Make sure /usr/lib/va/drivers/ exists and contains fglrx_drv_video.so, which is a symlink to xvba_drv_video.so. Those files must be readable by the user too. If you use libva from your distribution, e.g. Ubuntu, you'd probably have to symlink those to /usr/lib/dri. BTW, is this 32-bit or 64-bit?

ls /usr/lib/va/drivers/
                fglrx_drv_video.so -> xvba_drv_video.so xvba_drv_video.so. All readable to user.

I use slackware 13.1 32-bit.
                thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by tball View Post
                  What if you do it like this?:

Code:
                  export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME="fglrx"
                  mplayer-vaapi -vo vaapi -va vaapi movie.avi
                  tried vainfo after that, i got.
                  libva: User requested driver 'fglrx'
                  libva: Trying to open /usr/local/lib/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so
                  libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
                  vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

wonder why it searching to that instead of /usr/lib/va/drivers. Prolly the installation 'cos i install from source.
                  Gonna check it more. Thanks guys !

Comment

• wohoo ! it works.

Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
                    [VD_FFMPEG] VA API accelerated codec.
                    Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)

Thank you tball and gbeauche ! XD

Comment

• @gbeauche

i think you should add tball's suggestion on your note. export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME="fglrx"

Comment

Working...
                      X