Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla SeaMonkey 2.0 Released

Phoronix: Mozilla SeaMonkey 2.0 Released

SeaMonkey, the Mozilla Internet suite of software that has everything from an HTML editor to IRC client to web browser, has reached version 2.0. New in Mozilla SeaMonkey 2.0 is RSS/Atom feed support in the Mozilla Mail portion, a modern look-and-feel, tabbed mail support, automated updates, faster JavaScript processing, and HTML5 support.More information on Mozilla SeaMonkey 2.0 is available from the 2.0 release notes along with download links...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't understand. Why they improved javascript proccesing? Shouldn't be already as improved as firefox's since they use the same engine?

Comment

Same engine, yes; same engine version, no.

Comment

I'm just waiting for it to reach Gentoo's portage tree. I hope they won't inherit all downsides of FF. Once FF was meant to be a browser part only, taken out of the Mozilla suite, people said Moz. was bloated. But I guess over time FF is now bloated while I found the pure browser part of SM to be quite ok.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
          I'm just waiting for it to reach Gentoo's portage tree. I hope they won't inherit all downsides of FF. Once FF was meant to be a browser part only, taken out of the Mozilla suite, people said Moz. was bloated. But I guess over time FF is now bloated while I found the pure browser part of SM to be quite ok.
          Why is FF bloated? I admit you can bloat him by adding thousands of add-ons. But by default why?

Comment

Because it takes a huge amount of RAM, crashes often, leaks memory?

Comment

It needs a lot of RAM yeah, but it never never leaks or crashes for me!

Comment

Firefox is bloated, but unfortunately it's the only browser for Linux that doesn't totally suck. We're stuck with it

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  Firefox is bloated, but unfortunately it's the only browser for Linux that doesn't totally suck. We're stuck with it
                  Opera's not that bad, either.

Comment

Without AdBlock Plus, it's bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X