Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRM Development Documentation (TTM, GEM, KMS, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRM Development Documentation (TTM, GEM, KMS, etc)

Phoronix: DRM Development Documentation (TTM, GEM, KMS, etc)

One of the common complaints that arise from hopeful X.Org / Mesa developers or those aspiring to contribute to this critical free software area is that there's not enough documentation that is up-to-date and covers the internals of the X Server, Mesa, DDX drivers, etc. Well, for those looking to get into any Direct Rendering Manager (DRM) work, a heap of new documentation is available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good News

This is very good for the whole process. Hopefully admins and packagers will be able to use the new features in time for the April round of distros.

Comment

"This is very good for the whole process."

Agreed. I read through all that's up so far, and it's definitely helped my understanding of the driver internals... Enough that I might just start hacking around a bit in my (admittedly limited... silly CPU architectures class...) free time.

Comment

YES!!! This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: DRM Development Documentation (TTM, GEM, KMS, etc)

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzY0NA
          Well, well... About time. Might even get some hackers started much like we had with Utah-GLX back in the day.

Comment

Was this never accepted upstream? Why?

Comment

Working...
            X