Radeon 5750: No supported adapters detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 5750: No supported adapters detected

Well, having finally downloaded and installed catalyst 9-10, aticonfig now gives me: "No supported adapters detected" with my radeon 5750.

The ubuntu 9.10 supplied restricted drivers worked, albeit with the overlay. I uninstalled the restricted drivers before installing the new ones, and rebooted.

Is anyone else having the same problem, or am I overlooking something?

Thanks, Evan.

hi,

yes, i am having the same issue with the 5770 on gentoo and the catalyst-9.10 drivers.
    I also get the watermark "unsupported hardware".

Comment

The release notes for the Cat 9.10 driver include support for HD58xx but not HD57xx. I suspect the Cat 9.10 driver locked down just before HD57xx support was finalized but not sure, will try to confirm on Monday.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        The release notes for the Cat 9.10 driver include support for HD58xx but not HD57xx. I suspect the Cat 9.10 driver locked down just before HD57xx support was finalized but not sure, will try to confirm on Monday.
        Many thanks Bridgman,

My wife tells me that the "Unsupported Hardware" overlay doesn't bother her, but I think she's lying and I'm sure it will be detrimental to my sex life until its fixed

Evan.

Comment

you're right bridgman, i really sould pay more attention to stuff like release-notes/really read them.
          thx for clearing this!

greetings,
          strowi

Comment

Originally posted by evanjfraser View Post
            Many thanks Bridgman,

My wife tells me that the "Unsupported Hardware" overlay doesn't bother her, but I think she's lying and I'm sure it will be detrimental to my sex life until its fixed

Evan.
            Sometimes putting a bunny or kitten sticker on the screen helps, as long as it covers the watermark and is really cute.

I'll see if we can find you a better solution.
            Test signature

Comment

You might want to install Windows 7 there. With a bit of luck, she'll think it's KDE4.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                You might want to install Windows 7 there. With a bit of luck, she'll think it's KDE4.

I don't think that will work. I should have mentioned that I married a gnome.

Comment

Working...
                X