Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 9.10 Linux Driver Released

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 9.10 Linux Driver Released

Available over at AMD.com is now the Catalyst 9.10 Linux driver update. The release notes for this driver have yet to be uploaded there, but the Catalyst 9.10 Linux driver offers support for arbitrary transformations with RandR 1.3, support for loading the fglrx kernel module when an open-source DRM kernel module is still loaded, a fix for the fglrx kernel module when using DKMS 2.1.0, an AMDCCCLE menu item issue has been resolved, support for the Radeon HD 5750/5770 Juniper graphics cards, and other bug fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

major advancement?
    YAWN

I bet it's hardware acceleration that we've all had for months on nvidia.

Comment

support for loading the fglrx kernel module when an open-source DRM kernel module is still loaded
      That's pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
        major advancement?
        YAWN

I bet it's hardware acceleration that we've all had for months on nvidia.
        If that's the case, then consider me excited.

It must suck to be so jaded...

Comment

Is this all ready included in ubuntu 9.10? Its hard to find the version of catalyst they use.

Comment

contains a major advancement too, which will be exposed in the near future
            I know what it is. Since AMD won the deal to do the GPU for the XBox 720, they have added support for the GPU now, and Microsoft will allow Linux to run natively on the hardware.

That was an easy one to guess

Comment

Originally posted by dmbtech View Post
              Is this all ready included in ubuntu 9.10? Its hard to find the version of catalyst they use.
              The version in Ubuntu 9.10 is an earlier version of the code specifically for Ubuntu; the Catalyst 9.10 driver should contain additional changes.
              Test signature

Comment

Is anyone else getting a 'Not Found' error while trying to download the 64-bit driver yet?

Comment

Originally posted by makzu View Post
                  Is anyone else getting a 'Not Found' error while trying to download the 64-bit driver yet?
                  Try the 32-bit link. Unless something's changed, it's the same download for both architectures.

Comment

I think the files havn't propogated to the mirror they're using yet... Maybe I'll just try again tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X