Unigine Heaven On Linux In A Month Or Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
    omg thats all we need, another deathmatch game....
    Create one: http://www.ogre3d.org/

Or shut up. Deathmatch is awesome. It's not like every DM game is the same... I can point out why, but do I really need to?

Comment

That footage certainly looks sexy. I'd love it even more if I knew if the wind dynamically drove the windmill, bugs followed lights, 'someone' walked around lighting and snuffing the lights etc. Some of those would be dependant upon application I suppose. I just rikey this video
      Last edited by stiiixy; 23 October 2009, 07:57 AM.
      Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
        That footage certainly looks sexy. I'd love it even more if I knew if the wind dynamically drove the windmill, bugs followed lights, 'sonmeone' walked around lighting and snuffing the lights etc. Some of those would be dependant upon application I suppose. I just rikey this video
        It uses dynamic per-pixel-lightning. That's a major plus...

Comment

That just tell's me I need a decent video card, stable OS and drivers
          Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Why not release it now and show it on nvidia cards
            Because no current Nvidia card supports Tesselation?

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              Create one: http://www.ogre3d.org/

Or shut up. Deathmatch is awesome. It's not like every DM game is the same... I can point out why, but do I really need to?
              OK, well from now on you can't bitch about graphics drivers or anything else on earth either then, since you also have the power to change everything yourself too.

Believe it or not, most of us don't have their parent's basement to live in, or someone to mooch off of, so that we have all the time in the world to up and program any game we want to see exist. Some of us, you know, work for a living doing other things.

In other words, to imply that no one can complain about anything is retarded.

And you proved my point that most gamers only think about 3D shooters. I can like and want other types of games on Linux if I want.

World of Goo FTW!
              Last edited by Yfrwlf; 23 October 2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

@MaestroMaus

Im afraid you fail to understand what a complaint is. The community would all be very happy if ANY games come out for linux. We do not attack your beloved deathmatch; we simply state that 3D games on linux are very homogeneous. If you feel that we are beating your horse, I am dreadfully sorry.

Now if only unigine didn't cost so much.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                  Create one
                  i am, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MartjeB View Post
                    Let them have a little fun with testellation ;-).

I'm sure it doesn't look this good with OpenGL, does it?
                    When the OpenGL bugs are fixed, Unigine is confident it will look about the same.

Tesselation is a DX11 class hardware feature only, so Radeon 58xx hardware is required. Non DX11 class hardware will look like the untesselated versions shown in one of the videos. It still looks good, but DX11 hardware makes it look great!

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Why not release it now and show it on nvidia cards
                      NVidia looks like the untesselated version, I believe they want to wait until the demo can be viewed "as intended" - with tesselation.

Comment

Working...
                      X