Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Heaven On Linux In A Month Or Two

Phoronix: Unigine Heaven On Linux In A Month Or Two

Earlier today Unigine Corp shipped their Heaven tech demo with their latest game engine code that contains many new features since their Tropics demo last year, including a DirectX 11.0 renderer for Microsoft Windows 7 users. Right now Unigine Heaven is just available to Windows users, but as we mentioned earlier today, a Linux build will be coming. Unigine Corp's CEO, Denis Shergin, told Phoronix this afternoon that Heaven for Linux should be available in one to two months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

sexy.

Anyone notice the path being a tad too rocky?

Comment

yep! That's sexy could they release their code for this? Would be awesome to grab that! Now, more important thing what about the OpenGL version? I would be glad to see that demo running on my linux box...

Comment

Damn that's nice.

Kudos to the devs for not just giving us a demo that is technically impressive, but also artistically, too.

I'd have to agree on the road being a bit too bumpy. There's also a bit too much depth of field in a few places and the swing on the bridges is floaty. Other than those minor crits though, this is a work of art. The light casting shadows on the grass, the dented dome metal roof, the smoke wafting lazily from the chimneys.

Just excellent.

Stick a deathmatch mode on that and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Alien_Overlord View Post
          Stick a deathmatch mode on that and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
          omg thats all we need, another deathmatch game....

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
            omg thats all we need, another deathmatch game....
            Sometimes I wonder if that's the only game type some gamers know about anymore. What about puzzle, platformer, strategy, roleplaying, arcade, racing, sports, or hell something new and innovative or a combination of the above. ^^

Any way, looks pretty Unigine, some nice 3D artists you have there.

Comment

Boohoo, there are people out there who like deathmatch and there are a lot of linux games out there with deathmatch...

Sorry guys but your getting repetitive and cheap. I understand it must be frustrating that there aren't many games of your favorite genre on Linux but stop beating the dead horse please. We have heard the complaint over and over now here on Phoronix and we are aware of it. Be happy for the deathmatch lovers for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                Anyone notice the path being a tad too rocky?
                Let them have a little fun with testellation ;-).

I'm sure it doesn't look this good with OpenGL, does it?

Comment

Unigine Corp's CEO, Denis Shergin, told Phoronix this afternoon that Heaven for Linux should be available in one to two months. According to Denis, the Linux build of Unigine Heaven is done, but they are waiting for new drivers to be released before pushing out this impressive tech demo. OpenGL on the AMD side is "way too broken" so it looks like Unigine will be waiting for the Catalyst 9.11 or 9.12 driver releases before pushing out Heaven. The Unigine Heaven Linux version will carry full tessellation support enabled, we're told.
                  Well that's actually good news, if the OpenGL support is drastically improving within two months then.

Comment

Why not release it now and show it on nvidia cards

Comment

Working...
                    X