AMD Catalyst 9.10 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 9.10 Released

Again (yay) I'm first to announce that new drivers are out... but this time download link is broken :/ on official site it tries to download 9.10 but fails.

Anyone has other mirror ?

Originally posted by Tares View Post
    Again (yay) I'm first to announce that new drivers are out... but this time download link is broken :/ on official site it tries to download 9.10 but fails.

Anyone has other mirror ?
    I was just about to ask when they were going to be released...

Comment

Let the bashing begin!

Comment

Yeah, they're not off to a good start with the broken links.

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
          Yeah, they're not off to a good start with the broken links.
          Oh come on guys... We haven't even gotten to see the release notes(the link to them also doesn't work just yet)... To be fair at least wait until you've installed them to bash...

Comment

To be fair, I haven't had to use bash in a separate vty to fix fglrx in a while

Comment

I see no reason to install this unless they fixed xv or the slow resize/maximize issue with compiz/kwin. Stable 2.6.32 kernel should be coming out soon with open source 3d and kms for r600/r700.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael on the front page
                Catalyst 9.10 also contains a major advancement too, which will be exposed in the near future. That's all for now.
                And what's this, besides a "nyah, nyah, I know something you don't?"

Comment

I've done it! ATI stopped supporting my hardware (x300) on my laptop and I started to use the Open Source driver and honestly it's better that any of the close source drivers. And just out of spite I got my friend to move to Nvidia. YAY!

Comment

Well the fglrx 9-3 driver was needed for working suspend for one laptop, there ever a new oss driver snapshot failed. For another system with radeon 9600 the driver was definitely too slow. Both tested on Debian lenny. With some tricks it is still possible to use 9-3 with 2.6.31 kernel, but not really stable and with errors in dmesg since 2.6.29. I would really prefer to see an updated legacy driver. When you are forced to use newer Xorg/Mesa and OSS drivers thats not what i like.

But 9-10 is still missing in action, so ati is even too stupid to put the file on the server BEFORE linking to it! Must be really clever people there!

Comment

Working...
                    X