Machinarium for Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machinarium for Linux

Amanita Desing released today a long awaited point-and-click adventure: Machinarium. You can say a lot about this game, but for me only info I needed, was fact that Amanita Desing created also Samorost 1,2. It's awesome.

Fortunately for Linux users, there is also native version for their system.
    This game is based on Flash and uses 32bit standalone player, but extracting raw swf is pretty easy.

Unfortunately it doesn't work on Gnash or SwfDec(needs more testing, I have tested only demo).

Demo
    More at:
    Machinarium – Puzzle Adventure Game – Amanita Design
    RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Thanks, that's quite a fun game!

Comment

It looks great thanks for the link. I can't find how to buy the boxed version in English though. When that pops up I'll buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by geamandura View Post
        It looks great thanks for the link. I can't find how to buy the boxed version in English though. When that pops up I'll buy it.
        From FAQ:
        Q: I want the game in the box on CD, is it possible to order it?
        A: Yes, but only Russian, German and Italian version. English version is only for download (which is faster and cheaper anyway ;-)
        Source

btw. I don't even know if boxed version have linux support.

Comment

Oh drat. I'm a box rather than download kind of guy. So now I'm in a dilemma :P

Comment

So If I am running 64 bit ubuntu, how will I install this game? Says 32 bit only.

Comment

its just flash. Its no more 32 bit only than Caster.

Comment

Originally posted by joeelmex View Post
                So If I am running 64 bit ubuntu, how will I install this game? Says 32 bit only.
                If I'm not mistaking, Ubuntu 64-bit comes with a layer for 32-bit compatibility, a package called approximately "ia32-libs". This should enable all 32-bit applications to run on the 64-bit.

Comment

Originally posted by geamandura View Post
                  If I'm not mistaking, Ubuntu 64-bit comes with a layer for 32-bit compatibility, a package called approximately "ia32-libs". This should enable all 32-bit applications to run on the 64-bit.
                  ia32-libs is a package that contain very limited number of libraries, used by some programs. It's a hack, a bad one.
                  As you may suspect, standalone Flashplayer uses libraries, not included inside ia32-libs package(at least debian version).

Quick look at "ldd Machinarium" will show you what files you need. Although there is small exception.
                  Curl library is opened dynamically(dlopen) and not visible in ldd output. You need one of this files:
                  "libcurl.so.4"
                  "libcurl-gnutls.so.4"
                  "libcurl.so.3"
                  "libcurl-gnutls.so.3"

ps. don't forget to check ldd libcurl*, it might need some libraries to.
                  Last edited by sobkas; 19 October 2009, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Good news everyone. Amanita finally made a publishing deal for the English version of Machinarium.

I don't know why the image they have is NOT of the collector's edition.

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Scroll a bit down here to see the whole contents of the box. A delight! I read on Amanita's forums that on the back of the box it says Linux is supported, so buying the box should provide us with everything necessary. Anyway I will get this soon and report back on its contents

Comment

Working...
                    X