Radeon 3D Wiki drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molostoff View Post
    Hi, I have mobile M71 (x2100, or as it diplayed on cover Radeon(tm) HD 2300) card, I am not sure that it is R500 chip, but anyway wil test all regarding radeon driver in kubuntu.
    According to ATIRadeon it's an RV550, which would fall under the R500 heading.

You can also check the output of 'glxinfo | grep render'. That will tell you the chip family.

Also I can translate some of wiki pages into russian, if this is of interest at this moment (not surely). Driver writers we have much enough, but they prefer russian I think - see kubuntu.ru site...
    That sounds like a good idea if we can keep the pages somewhat in sync. Unfortunately, I don't think the Wiki has any built-in multi-language support, so I'm not sure how best to do that.

Comment

@oibaf
      I tested mesa-7.6 release and now mesa_7_6_branch and i have all these bugs still with r200 on dri 1. So OK these bugs are mainly reported - devs are informed, but... Maybe i can just stop testing dri 1, because according to all these bugs and comments from devs it is clear to me that dri 1 start to be unofficialy unsupported.

I will stick to 7.5.2 for now, there i have just lack of FBO, OQ, lack of worsened performance and lack tons of bugs. For kms, i will try it again maybe at spring next year. I'm learning to setup LFS right now and i choosed stable stuffs only, so i don't have time for testing and gitting&mastering all along the place.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        @oibaf
        I tested mesa-7.6 release and now mesa_7_6_branch and i have all these bugs still with r200 on dri 1. So OK these bugs are mainly reported - devs are informed, but... Maybe i can just stop testing dri 1, because according to all these bugs and comments from devs it is clear to me that dri 1 start to be unofficialy unsupported.
        Unfortunately next round of distributions (starting with Ubuntu 9.10) will provide mesa 7.6 with DRI1, so these regression will bite several users...

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          Unfortunately next round of distributions (starting with Ubuntu 9.10) will provide mesa 7.6 with DRI1, so these regression will bite several users...
          Yeah just for ATI cards, but what i can do there, i am not M.S.

Comment

Working...
          X