Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Icculus Provides An Update, But No UT3 Or Games

Quote Originally Posted by Notavi View Post
    I'm inclined to write the original post from Vincent off as rumour mongering without anything more substantial. The failure to deliver a UT3 Linux client has irritated quite a few people, and I can certainly see that creating motive to smear their name.

I can also remember earlier accounts had the issue as being a dispute with a third party over middleware licensing. This is not consistent with the unsubstantiated rumour.
    I am not the guy that likes to spread rumors, but I also don't have any evidence to prove it. You're just going to have to believe me or get Icculus drunk as hell :')

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    I am not the guy that likes to spread rumors, but I also don't have any evidence to prove it. You're just going to have to believe me or get Icculus drunk as hell :')
    I'm inclined to believe it was a middleware issue, followed up by a failure to pay up because they had funds problems because UT3 tanked on them.

I wouldn't know if the Unreal II story would be true or not, but I would be leery of working for a client that didn't pay a substantive portion up-front on something after getting shafted the first time on payment with a previous contract. If true, it's a bit troubling to hear that- as much as the current story with UT3.