AMD Radeon HD 5750/5770

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physical size.

Now I'm sure i could take some scale measurements from the photos, that's a bit more work than I would like to go through. I'm wondering what the dimensions of these cards are? mainly distance from the PCI cover plate to the end of the card. Not all of us are using full tower cases. Also I would be interested to see how these number compare to say a GTS250 or the new 220/210 cards from Nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by cynyr View Post
      Now I'm sure i could take some scale measurements from the photos, that's a bit more work than I would like to go through. I'm wondering what the dimensions of these cards are? mainly distance from the PCI cover plate to the end of the card. Not all of us are using full tower cases. Also I would be interested to see how these number compare to say a GTS250 or the new 220/210 cards from Nvidia.
      The 220/210 cards aren't anything special judging from what I've read. semiaccurate.com has some notes on them, and anandtech has some benchmarks here.

But you're right, some size measurements would be nice - I did find them somewhere, but can't remember where now (sorry).

Comment

GeForce 220 benchmarks coming on Linux next week.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

more detailed info

Originally posted by mirv View Post
          But you're right, some size measurements would be nice - I did find them somewhere, but can't remember where now (sorry).
          ohh something else that would be nice to have measured is the amp draw of these cards under idle and at load. That would make ensuring enough power supply capacity much easier (under the assumption that you can get that info from your PSU manufacturer.)

i found dimensions. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3658&p=2

Comment

Sizes and detailed info.

Originally posted by mirv View Post
            Would be nice to loads discussed in terms of X amps on the 12V rail, and Y amps on the 5V. or watts if you prefer, but separated for each voltage.

The Anandtech article has dimensions. The 5770 is just shy of 9" with the shroud which is expected to be dropped by manufactures due to the low TDP of the card. The 5750 is 7.15" no shroud to extend that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              I really dislike that no test mentions the extremely bad xv performance with fglrx. The tearing is so extreme what it is basically useless.
              Isn't opengl performance good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                heh, just in time for L33F3R to buy a new card.
                So now you deciding on a Radeon rather than a GeForce?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                  So now you deciding on a Radeon rather than a GeForce?
                  S3 so far actually.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                    S3 so far actually.
                    I am not really keen on S3 cards...they are kinda low end and the Openchrome driver is rather lacking

Comment

Quiet not quite.

Page 2, quiet, not quite.

Comment

Working...
                      X