Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tormod View Post
    Bug link, please?
    After the recent mesa update kwin composite in kubuntu is broken. Loging in from kdm works, the desktop starts, but when opening any aplication window (for example system settings) Xorg crashes and I'm back at kdm login. From this point also changing to terminal ctrl+alt+f1 doesn't work as by doing that I'm left with kdm bitmap and some graphical garbage is produced at the top of the screen. When compositing is disabled everything is ok, also strangely when booting up the kernel with radeo...

Reported to the best of my ability.
    Last edited by val-gaav; 08 October 2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
      https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...sa/+bug/446578

Reported to the best of my ability.
      Wouldn't running now
      Code:
      apport-collect 446578
      be useful for the developers though, since you didn't seem to have used ubuntu-bug when reporting the bug?

Comment

Well AFAIK kubuntu users are blessed with apport since karmic, so this tool is quite fresh to me ...

and apport doesn't seem to catch this crash

Comment

I thought it was impossible to file a bug without using ubuntu-bug these days Anyway, this seems to be http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=24131

Comment

Originally posted by tormod View Post
            I thought it was impossible to file a bug without using ubuntu-bug these days
            It was hard to find that option ... all this automation confuses me I'm used to good old visit bugzilla and submit your report there, talk with devs etc.

I was sure it was an ubuntu issue though, really didn't expect it to be upstream.

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
              Well AFAIK kubuntu users are blessed with apport since karmic, so this tool is quite fresh to me ...

and apport doesn't seem to catch this crash
              Nope, apport-collect is not about catching any crash, it's about collecting and submitting all the relevant information developers might want to look at (configuration files, hardware info, etc) and tend to simplify the job of the developer (less back and forth asking one thing after another. Thus it can be run afterwards, without needing to reproduce the crash. It does the job ubuntu-bug does when reporting a bug.

Comment

Fedora note

Fedora 12 has had Mesa 7.6 in its repositories since June 12. There is a mesa-dri-drivers-experimental package in the repositories which adds the r600 DRI driver. On my Radeon HD 4770 test system, the latest Rawhide build can manage at least glxgears, compiz and neverball, and partially gnome-shell. haven't tested anything more complex yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
                  Fedora 12 has had Mesa 7.6 in its repositories since June 12.
                  Great, mesa 7.6 was released only 11 days ago
                  Actually, Ubuntu Karmic has had a snapshot of mesa master from before 7.6 was branched all this time, the news is just that this snapshot has been updated to the real release.

Comment

ah, thanks for the info. Only makes Phoronix's story even more random, of course.

Looks like the current Fedora package is based on a git snap from September 21, so just shortly before the final release.

Comment

+1, please benchmark the final release of the radeon rewrite on r300-r500.

Comment

Working...
                      X