ATI Evergreen 5850, works, but two problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Evergreen 5850, works, but two problems

Well, I thought I should report that the ubuntu drivers do work. If someone just installed one of these cards I was very surprised to find that it started up and I do indeed have compiz. I still have two problems though. First it detected my resolution wrong, it says it maxes out at 1440x900 or something, and the xorg.conf file looks a little slim so I don't know where to edit this in(A pointer please). Second I have this ugly logo on the bottom right that says unsupported hardware, any easy fix?
    Thanks, and if anyone wants me to run any benchmarks I would be more than willing.

edit: fixed one of my problems, seems that I had two displays plugged in so it was reading the maximum of the second display, also it auto cloned for some reason.
    Last edited by sc3252; 07 October 2009, 06:38 AM.

with tropics I am not sure if the results are any good since I haven't run it on windows yet. From what I remember it is quite a bit faster than my 8800gt I think it was 20-30 or something.

With Nexuiz it seems very slow, but this is the first time I have ran v2.5 so what do I know.

edit: You are probably going to notice compiz enabled on Tropics, I dont think there is going to be much of a difference with it off since when I ran nexuiz with and without and I got the same exact results.

Comment

Originally posted by sc3252 View Post
      Second I have this ugly logo on the bottom right that says unsupported hardware, any easy fix?
      yeah, wait for a driver that officially supports your card

Comment

http://global.phoronix-test-suite.co...085-9222-25283
        with tropics I am not sure if the results are any good since I haven't run it on windows yet. From what I remember it is quite a bit faster than my 8800gt I think it was 20-30 or something.

With Nexuiz it seems very slow, but this is the first time I have ran v2.5 so what do I know.

edit: You are probably going to notice compiz enabled on Tropics, I dont think there is going to be much of a difference with it off since when I ran nexuiz with and without and I got the same exact results.
        Looks like an invalid benchmark since it doesn't display which options Tropics was run with.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          Looks like an invalid benchmark since it doesn't display which options Tropics was run with.
          There were no options to set for this benchmark. The only benchmark that had any options was nexuiz which was HDR on or off, I chose on.
          Last edited by sc3252; 10 October 2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

There were no options to set for this benchmark. The only benchmark that had any options was nexuiz which was HDR on or off, I choose on.
            Well, at least the Windows version of Tropics allows you to set AA, anisotropy etc etc and you have to know which options were set in the benchmark if you want it to have any use outside phoronix test suite.

Comment

So, you don't experience massive tearing in screen redraw and ridiculously slow speed when playing video? Good on you!

Comment

Working...
              X