Plymouth Gets An X11 Renderer Plug-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    Do you think most Plymouth devs aren't being paid for that work and the reason isn't from their bosses? I think those devs would work on any other project they get paid for, so Red Hat company are guilty of wasting resources on useless projects like this.
    I'd actually consider it more likely Plymouth devs wanted to do what they're doing and managed to convince Red Hat to fund a project.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      Do you think most Plymouth devs aren't being paid for that work and the reason isn't from their bosses? I think those devs would work on any other project they get paid for, so Red Hat company are guilty of wasting resources on useless projects like this.
      Have you considered bringing this issue up with Red Hat's management?

You seem to know better than them what's useful and what's not. I'm sure they'll listen to you.

Comment

Well, it seemso I know it better than some of them. Of course.

They are a company and want to earn money, they are free to waste their resources on useless stuff. It's sad a company like Red Hat does it now insteab being a flagship in the FOSS community like they used to be...

Ironically, it seems Google now does more to FOSS than most FOSS-related companies. What an irony, because it's not their business...

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
        Have you considered bringing this issue up with Red Hat's management?

You seem to know better than them what's useful and what's not. I'm sure they'll listen to you.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic
          Originally posted by BlackStar
          Have you considered bringing this issue up with Red Hat's management? You seem to know better than them what's useful and what's not. I'm sure they'll listen to you.
          Hang on, you are changing your arguments now, and they are rather incompatible with the previous ones. Or at least they are not both relevant at the same time. Either the Plymouth developers are doing this work out of their own interest and spare time or they are not. In the former case your first answer can be applied--which by the way resembles the typical "don't complain for what you're given out for free". If, on the other hand, these people are being paid for doing it you can very well wonder why their employer is wasting resources on this project if you happen to consider it useless.

I agree with you in that I guess that Red Hat must have a reason to do it. Usually companies don't do stuff unless it's economically justifiable. In this case I can't see the reason, or at least I don't understand their priorities.

Comment

Working...
          X