No announcement yet.

ETA on Evergreen support from Radeon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The code is written for digital outputs, they just don't work yet. It's just a matter of further debugging.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      The code is written for digital outputs, they just don't work yet. It's just a matter of further debugging.
      Ah, that's great news

In response to the original question then...I'd get all the outputs working first if that's the case. Also avoids the situation of people assuming the driver sucks because some of the(the most used) outputs aren't working.
      Last edited by Hoodlum; 18 November 2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

It's been said that catalyst doesn't yet support three displays at once on linux. Will the new OS code initially share those restrictions?
        Any word on the DisplayPort at all, or will that wait until DVI/HDMI work?

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        It's just a matter of further debugging.
        So the ETA is "anywhere between 5 minutes and 5 years"?

good luck on your hunt!

Comment

No displayport initially. I need to get it working on older asics first as a lot of the link training code will be shared.

Comment

Putting the code in a public repository will make it useful to r800 owners. All Radeon 5xxx come with VGA (or DVI-I in the 5970) output and virtually all monitors on the market today have a VGA connector.

Comment

Working...
            X