Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexuiz 2.5.2 Release Brings New Game Mode

Phoronix: Nexuiz 2.5.2 Release Brings New Game Mode

There's a new point release available for Nexuiz that brings a fair number of changes. This newest release, Nexuiz 2.5.2, adds support for a "CTS" game mode where the players much work their way from one point to another on a map, a new heads-up display, changes to video settings, and motion and damage blurs have been added...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks to some new blur and other effects, it looks and feels much better now when you're playing. You won't see this on screenshots and probably not even on videos, but it's there :P

Comment

Great. Now that I'm finally getting into ToEE again a new Nexuiz comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        Thanks to some new blur and other effects, it looks and feels much better now when you're playing. You won't see this on screenshots and probably not even on videos, but it's there :P
        I just got playing the new version for about an hour, and I only have 2 words for it:

Bad.Ass.

The motion blur is cool, but it seems the HUD had a minor improvement as well. With those improvements plus the game mode, it's really more like a 2.6 than just a x.x.2 release. BTW, they did actually add new pics on the homepage, and one of them shows off the motion blur.

Comment

cool this was my first game on a linux rig.

(Hello my name is tmpdir and I left windows behind for more than a 1.5 year now.... *applause*).

Comment

I really like where this game is going, I've been playing it off and on for a couple years and now its really starting to come into its own. The motion blur is pretty sweet. Overall its really starting to have a very polished feel to it now and it hasn't really had that feel in past releases. (At least in my opinion, but I've loved the game anyways since day 1.)

Its a great example to show that open source gaming can be done, and done well.

Comment

The new hud is nice, displaying all the ammo that one has is a spiffy thing.

Comment

Working...
              X