Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 7.6 Planned For Release Next Week

Phoronix: Mesa 7.6 Planned For Release Next Week

Intel's Ian Romanick has publicly outlined his plans to have the release of Mesa 7.6 next week. A release on Monday is being planned, which would be timed with the start of the X Developers' Conference taking place in Portland and would also get this updated Linux graphics stack out the door for those distribution vendors wanting to ship a released version of this code in their new distributions. At the same time, Ian is hoping to deliver a Mesa 7.5.2 stable release for those users wanting more mature, stable code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fuck off Ian!!!

Comment

Someone's mad I sea!

Comment

Can I say YUMMY toward the release, not dungeon's proposal...

Comment

You can say it, but i'm not dungeon i'm mad Max.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            You can say it, but i'm not dungeon i'm mad Max.
            Have a cuppa java broski

Comment

Their rooms smells like mesa release.

Comment

Will Mesa 7.6 contain r600 support? And if so, is it mature enough to run compitz/kwin composite with it?
                That would be awesome!

Comment

I was wondering about that too. It wasn't mentioned in the article, but there is clearly R600 code in the 7.6 branch. However, I don't know what the state of that code is or how well it gels with what's happening in kernel land.

Comment

We're still seeing text corruption running Compiz on DRI1. Until we can figure out what is causing that, I don't think we can justify the risk associated with pushing all the recent 3D changes into 7.6.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X