Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 2.28 Released; GNOME 3.0 Is Up Next

Phoronix: GNOME 2.28 Released; GNOME 3.0 Is Up Next

Lucas Rocha, on the behalf of all GNOME developers worldwide, has just announced the release of GNOME 2.28.0. GNOME 2.28 is the last release prior to GNOME 3.0 that is due out next March, with some of the improvements in this version being a GNOME Bluetooth module, the Empathy instant messaging client has picked up more features, the Epiphany web-browser has finally switched to the WebKit rendering engine over Gecko as the default choice, improved audio settings support, and much more. The GNOME 2.28.0 release announcement can be read on the GNOME announce list...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Pretty cool, stable, and relatively optimized.

Comment

looks great and runs great.
      it is amazing how fast gnome and kde are evolving.
      can't wait for gnome 3 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by seba View Post
        looks great and runs great.
        it is amazing how fast gnome and kde are evolving.
        can't wait for gnome 3 :-)
        I like Gnome, I really do. But no, it neither looks great nor does it evolve fast. But maybe Gnome 3 will.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: GNOME 2.28 Released; GNOME 3.0 Is Up Next

GNOME 2.28 is the last release prior to GNOME 3.0 that is due out next March
          Wrong, Michael. You've got your facts wrong.

The Gnome team hasn't yet made the decision about whether 2.30 or 2.32 will become Gnome 3.0.

If you'd read the release notes for 2.28, you'd have known this.

Comment

After few days, I tag new gnome as utter crap. So many bugs, maybe it's just archlinux repo, what a waste of time and human potential.

Comment

Working...
            X