Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take The Phoronix Survey, Enter To Win VISA Card

Phoronix: Take The Phoronix Survey, Enter To Win VISA Card

IDG TechNetwork, the company that handles out advertising sales at Phoronix, would like you to participate in a site survey. In order to generate more information about the Phoronix readership, which will in turn help us generate higher ad revenues and result in more content for you, the reader, they have assembled this survey. This survey just takes a couple of minutes and one random participant will receive a $100 VISA gift card (that can be used internationally) courtesy of IDG...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Which stuff out of the list do you own and which do you plan to buy soon". XBOX360, neither. "Please chose an option". FAIL.

"66%. Thank you, you've completed the survey". FAIL.

Comment

Whatta rather long survey. Thank God it ended at 66%.
      Whell, I did it anyway. Hope that helps Phoronix in any way.

Comment

Hopefully we won't see those Microsoft adds anymore. I actually prefered the advertisements we had before, there was far more hardware publicities (lost of Gigabyte adds) that I was happy to click on because they did make sense on Phoronix.

Comment

hint: search in Firefox add-ons for Adblock Plus --> download --> install --> restart Firefox --> add which subscription you would like to use (all free) --> all adds removed

Comment

Think they will be a little displease when they see I don't press any ads or use any money really

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
              hint: search in Firefox add-ons for Adblock Plus --> download --> install --> restart Firefox --> add which subscription you would like to use (all free) --> all adds removed
              I've got Adblock Plus, and specificaly disable it for Phoronix.

Like most regular Phoronix readers, I appreciate the work done by Michael, both the articles/news and the PTS. Having him go out of business is hardly what I'd aim for.

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
                Or, you know, do the classy thing and subscribe

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
                  Or, you know, do the classy thing and subscribe
                  People should be able to donate, but I dont see that ads should really be part of an opensource community.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post
                    People should be able to donate, but I dont see that ads should really be part of an opensource community.
                    Well, maybe you misunderstood the concept.

Comment

Working...
                    X