r500 and flash = awful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    Wait a minute.... Jaunty? 8.10? You didn't happen to be running the proprietary driver at that time? Since open drivers don't support GLSL (yet) which Adobe Flash uses for acceleration whereas proprietary drivers do.
    no proprietary drivers, i was running the 9.04-ati-stock-open-driver like, two days ago..

Comment

Never mind, must've read something wrong, got the wrong year.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
        *snip
        Code:
        [   31.426081] Modules linked in: binfmt_misc bridge stp bnep vboxnetadp vboxnetflt vboxdrv video output w83627hf hwmon_vid p4_clockmod lp snd_intel8x0 snd_ac97_codec ac97_bus snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss snd_pcm tuner_simple tuner_types tea5767 snd_seq_dummy snd_seq_oss tuner tvaudio snd_seq_midi tda7432 msp3400 snd_rawmidi snd_seq_midi_event bttv radeon snd_seq ir_common ttm snd_timer snd_seq_device v4l2_common videobuf_dma_sg iTCO_wdt iTCO_vendor_support drm videobuf_core btcx_risc snd tveeprom i2c_algo_bit soundcore gspca_pac207 gspca_main psmouse intel_agp agpgart snd_page_alloc shpchp videodev serio_raw ppdev v4l1_compat pcspkr parport_pc parport usbhid 8139too 8139cp mii fbcon tileblit font bitblit softcursor
        *snip*
        Looks like you have kernel oops there. Also profiling with sysprofile where the CPU time is going would give idea what might be wrong. (You will need to install debug symbols for mesa,xserver,firefox and ddx to get nice back trace)

Comment

Originally posted by suokko View Post
          Looks like you have kernel oops there. Also profiling with sysprofile where the CPU time is going would give idea what might be wrong. (You will need to install debug symbols for mesa,xserver,firefox and ddx to get nice back trace)
          i know all the cfs-bfs interactivity etc. story but i had this kernel also before using the xorg-git ppa, and flash didn't sucked _that_ much..

edit: from all the answers seems like you get flawless flash experience on your ati cards.. i guess i'm the only one that's having problems

Comment

Well, depends what you call flawless... I get working Flash with Flash taking 100% of a single core in my CPU. The system is still usable since it's a multicore one but it's still not remotely close to acceptable.

Comment

Working...
            X