Catalyst drivers, libdrm2, and Debian Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst drivers, libdrm2, and Debian Testing

Yesterday a newer Xserver (finally) migrated to Testing. For those of us who lost 2D acceleration with the new libdrm2, this fixes that problem.

So, if you go ahead and update libdrm2 to version 2.4.12-1, update Xserver to version 1:7.4+4, and regenerate your kernel module, you should be good to go.

The kernel module is the same, but my script uses another target then, therefore it packages the correct xorg driver files.

Comment

Kano,

I see you are a Debian dev., so you are way ahead of me!

After updating the xserver, Xorg could not load the old kernel module. A recompile fixed that.

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      The kernel module is the same, but my script uses another target then, therefore it packages the correct xorg driver files.

Comment

Well then you updated the kernel and did not use my script. m-a does not automatically compile a module, dkms does which is used by my script.

Comment

Kano,

Same kernel. Was running Catalyst 9.8. Got rid of everything and installed 9.9 using ATI's script.

Comment

<debian fglrx maintainer is>
            nice to hear, that it is now fixed for (most) people.
            </debian fglrx maintainer is>

Comment

I am no Debian maintainer, I check the Ubuntu packageing which i use for my script. When you create Debian packages, those will be updated using a dist-upgrade too as they use the same names. My distro is called Kanotix.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                I am no Debian maintainer, I check the Ubuntu packageing which i use for my script. When you create Debian packages, those will be updated using a dist-upgrade too as they use the same names. My distro is called Kanotix.
                Might want to change your description to Kanotix founder/developer then. You've been misleading quite a lot of people who think that you're an actual debian *maintainer*.

Comment

I have got no idea how to do this. I did not write that comment.

Comment

Working...
                  X