No announcement yet.

Good News, id Tech 5 Is Likely Coming To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure Quake Live would have a lot more users if the plugin wasn't such a piece of total crap!

Tried it on Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Fedora with AMD CPU's, Intel CPU's, Intel GPU, nVidia GPU and ATI GPU in different homes with different internet connections (varying from high-speed rigs and connections to low speed rigs and connections) and the Quake Live plugin is a total disasterpiece.

Please make it actually work id? Thanks. I do not understand why this plugin isn't gpl'ed and the artwork released freely. No-one is going to buy the GPL'ed Quake 3 anymore now that there is Quake Live and since they release Quake Live with updated artwok for free there is no fscking reason not to release the artwok under a CC license as well... <_<'

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      "With Mystic Mine, a majority of the gamers are running Mac OS X (42%) followed by Linux with 34% while Windows gamers only account for 23% of the sales."
      do note. I have never heard of this game before the sales figures article. How many of you have heard of it before hand?

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        Please make it actually work id? Thanks. I do not understand why this plugin isn't gpl'ed and the artwork released freely. No-one is going to buy the GPL'ed Quake 3 anymore now that there is Quake Live and since they release Quake Live with updated artwok for free there is no fscking reason not to release the artwok under a CC license as well... <_<'
        You can't sell a GPL'd product. Next issue.
        More to the detail: Selling a GPL'd product isn't useful since you have to give out the source code free so people will just play it without paying anything to you anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          More to the detail: Selling a GPL'd product isn't useful since you have to give out the source code free so people will just play it without paying anything to you anyway.
          Ehm... Quake live is a browser version of Quake 3 and it's gratis and Quake 3 is GPL'ed, so I don't realy know what you're getting at?

Comment

I am sure Quake Live would have a lot more users if the plugin wasn't such a piece of total crap!

Tried it on Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Fedora with AMD CPU's, Intel CPU's, Intel GPU, nVidia GPU and ATI GPU in different homes with different internet connections (varying from high-speed rigs and connections to low speed rigs and connections) and the Quake Live plugin is a total disasterpiece.

Weird. It just worked for me on Arch 64-bit fglrx. And it works quite good.
            :-)

Comment

Good news everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                Of course you can sell software licensed under the GPL.

Also, source code or not, people will pirate your game and play it without paying you.

Comment

Ehm... Quake live is a browser version of Quake 3 and it's gratis and Quake 3 is GPL'ed, so I don't realy know what you're getting at?
                  You are very confused. iD owns the copyright to the game and can do as they wish with it. Quake Live is not licensed under the GPL.

Comment

No problem, the important is that we don't see the Epic Unreal shit.

Comment

I'll wait and see... until then i'll have some wine.

Comment

Working...
                      X