Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Server 1.7 Finally Reaches Release Candidate

Phoronix: X Server 1.7 Finally Reaches Release Candidate

It's a few months late, but the first release candidate for X Server 1.7 is now available. Peter Hutterer announced the release this morning along with freezing the X Server ABI for the 1.7 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Only a few months late - not bad compared to some previous X servers.

GOOD JOB, X folks.

Comment

Kudos to Peter for taking this bull by the horns. It is too bad he didn't jump at it a couple of months earlier, or we might have seen 1.7 in the October refresh of Ubuntu. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by gsacks View Post
        Kudos to Peter for taking this bull by the horns. It is too bad he didn't jump at it a couple of months earlier, or we might have seen 1.7 in the October refresh of Ubuntu. Oh well.
        With a reduced feature set. Seriously better this way. It's plenty more tiresome they keep dropping features out of releases than that they postpone releases imo.

Comment

Does fglrx work with this? Don't want to mess around compiling it until I know

Comment

Originally posted by Koorac View Post
            Does fglrx work with this? Don't want to mess around compiling it until I know
            Most likely not. I am guessing. But, you won't know for sure until someone tries it. Why not you?

Comment

Not working with fglrx 9.5 but that was to be expected with a binary blob.

Comment

Working...
              X