Survey on high priority Radeons bugs -> 2009-10-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey on high priority Radeons bugs -> 2009-10-29

Ubuntu 9.10 is scheduled on 2009-10-29 and currently is shipping kernel 2.6.31 without radeon KMS support, a git snapshot of -ati driver 6.12.99 and a git snapshot of mesa 7.6.

What are your high priority bugs you would like to see fixed as soon as possible (and in final release of Ubuntu 9.10 if you are an Ubuntu user)? This includes 2D and 3D, but excludes experimental, disabled by default, features like KMS/DRI2/Power savings/R600+ 3D and so on. I hope that doing this little survey could help developers in knowing which bugs are the most annoying for end users and maybe focus on them.

Actually I am quite satisfied with both 2D and 3D on my RV530, the only bugs I'd like to see fixed are:

Actually I am facing a serious "address space collision" bug that prevents me from making a fresh install of karmic (alpha5) and even jaunty. The screen stays black and only the cursor is visible.
    From what I can tell, it's due to the 64M AGP aperture not handled well, and may be even a regression since it was ok with hardy.
    I'd appreciate if the devs could check out the history and logs I put in the bug report linked below and at least reply if it's a radeon bug or a kernel bug

I am not sure if my problem has already been reported or not, but it is pretty nasty, so I am reporting it. Basically, the radeon driver completely hangs my computer when the X server starts. The mouse seems working but the keyboard is completely irresponsive and the screen shows garbage as if the memory had not been initialized and still contains pieces from previous sessions. Connecting through ssh works though, so I can tell that kde 4.2 started fine and everything works ok. There is no si...

The bug has been open for some months and I hope it can be solved before 9.10 final.

Thanks again for the great work!

Comment

Thanks for the TexSubImage crash reminder. This should really be investigated - I just keep running into issues when trying to reproduce it :/

Comment

Originally posted by nhaehnle View Post
        Thanks for the TexSubImage crash reminder. This should really be investigated - I just keep running into issues when trying to reproduce it :/
        Let me know if I can be of help reproducing it (I am the original bug reporter) .

Comment

Originally posted by pvautrin View Post
          The screen stays black and only the cursor is visible.
          I have the same problem on Mandriva 2010 test releases. I got around it by going to a terminal (Ctrl+Alt+F1), becoming root then typing killall X. X instantly rebooted and everything was fine.
          A few people on the Mandriva forums had this or similar issues.

In case it matters I'm running a Radeon X1950 Pro (RV570) PCI-E card.

Comment

Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

Comment

I'm hoping for R700 + working KMS power management soon. Not worried about what happens to Ubuntu 9.10 since I run git versions anyway.

I had to reinstall a bunch of stuff yesterday because of a library messup that left most of my X apps unusable, so I'd left my PC running overnight on VT1. Came back, started X and xfce-sensors was showing me a red bar of death for the case temp

Comment

I've been having trouble getting 6xx/7xx 3D running on Karmic, even with fresh radeon/mesa/drm. Does anyone have 6xx/7xx non-KMS 3D running on current Karmic ? Current thinking is that maybe the drm code is built into the kernel which prevents a new drm from working without a kernel rebuild... trying to confirm that now.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  I've been having trouble getting 6xx/7xx 3D running on Karmic, even with fresh radeon/mesa/drm. Does anyone have 6xx/7xx non-KMS 3D running on current Karmic ? Current thinking is that maybe the drm code is built into the kernel which prevents a new drm from working without a kernel rebuild... trying to confirm that now.
                  Yeah, I have it running. See: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1257453

Comment

Working...
                  X