Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 9.9 For Linux Released, Still XvBA Lacking

Phoronix: Catalyst 9.9 For Linux Released, Still XvBA Lacking

A day after they had some press event where they showed off a 24 monitor setup running Linux (we weren't there), AMD has today released the Catalyst 9.9 driver for Linux. This driver, which is still behind the Ubuntu-Catalyst 9.10 driver that has support for the Linux 2.6.31 kernel and other improvements, has just one new feature: support for new Linux operating systems.The new operating system support? OpenSuSE 11.1 and SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) and SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10 SP3 early look support, although these packaging scripts have been worked on for some months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ogre-based games like Ankh should work again with this driver

Comment

OOh, in the middle of the month this time. I didn't even need to make my monthly were is the driver thread. Heres hoping to no regressions!

Comment

lol, usual amd shit.

Comment

Are there any working patches, to get the driver work with kernel 2.6.31?

Comment

Hey, any benchmark Michael between Catalyst versions and NVidia versions would be cool

Comment

Some ole bullshit. It still freezes with Fedora 11's X.org.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rgin4l View Post
                Some ole bullshit. It still freezes with Fedora 11's X.org.

Wasn't there a thread already started that said name the next catalyst driver? I believe "same shit, different pile" was one of the name suggestions.

Comment

So will Ubuntu 9.10 work with CrossFire? My friend has twin 4850's and is waiting to dual boot it 'till it does.

Comment

Originally posted by dopehouse View Post
                    Are there any working patches, to get the driver work with kernel 2.6.31?
                    according to the article it supports 2.6.31

Comment

Working...
                    X