AMD Catalyst 9.9 Released !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 9.9 Released !

I'm downloading them right now ;-) gonna do some testing and post my results here

If anyone is interested :
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...6&lang=English

Well 9-9 is released, but as everybody waits for 9-10 or 9-11 that's basically a boring release. My script will install it, but it does not add .31 support.

Comment

Let the bashing begin!

Comment

Great, 9.9 downsamples Icons, Fonts ... to gain performance while switching Desktop.

Fixing something, which has never been a problem by making it look ugly doesn't solve anything.

Comment

Just installed it on my HD3200... I see no difference in performance with the previous version (9.8), but it says Xv overlay is not available (it was before, at least in 9.7, I don't remember checking xorg.conf when I installed 9.8).
          Screen-Related Options:
          --ovt, --overlay-type=STRING
          Change the overlay for the X server. STRING can be one of:
          opengl
          disable
          and aticonfig --ovt=Xv says : invalid string value.
          Anyway, VLC says it uses it, and it works with SD and HD video.

Could anyone explain? Thanks.

Comment

xvinfo

has output here, so xv is available. But do you really want to use it when it has tearing all the time? I prefer setting opengl to quality and then use opengl output. xv has to be fixed before it is useable.

Comment

Ubuntu 9.04 menu item still tries to start catalyst root version by referencing some non-existent script/app to gain root privileges...

anyone know if compositing problems have been fixed yet? e.g. freeze on wake from sleep with compositing enabled? etc.

[EDIT]
              *snicker* just noticed:
              "ATI Catalyst™ 9.8 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver"
              on the diver download page, but their revision table entry correctly lists 9.9 ...
              *sigh*
              [/EDIT]
              Last edited by cutterjohn; 12 September 2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Does it support Fedora 11 at last? or shall I wait another bloddy month?
                (I will not download it unless it works with F11 and worths spending download time, because I'm using dial up! )

Comment

Originally posted by klaus View Post
                  Does it support Fedora 11 at last? or shall I wait another bloddy month?
                  (I will not download it unless it works with F11 and worths spending download time, because I'm using dial up! )
                  Yup. 64-bit F11, Radeon HD 3200 integrated here. I was running 9.8 with the fix to allow hardware cursor previously, if that makes a difference. Too soon to comment on stability. Kernel 2.6.30.5-43.fc11.x86_64.

Comment

Yet another buggy piece of shit.
                    Texture corruption all around. Even worst than it was with 9.8. Well, I think I'll have to go back to 9.7. This was the last version that worked more-or-less fine with my HD3450. Or even better, maybe it's time to start testing drm-from-git on my hardware.

Comment

Working...
                    X