Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The X.Org 7.5 Super Module

Phoronix: The X.Org 7.5 Super Module

X.Org 7.5 with X Server 1.7 will hopefully make it out into the world later this month and to provide for easy testing of these new X packages, Peter Hutterer continues his work by providing an X.Org 7.5 Super Module. The X.Org 7.5 Super Module is simply a Git repository that contains all of the latest X packages going into X11R7.5. Among the many packages are X Server 1.7, xf86-video-intel 2.8.99.901, xf86-video-nv 2.1.15, xf86-video-ati 6.12.4, and libdrm 2.4.13...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this true? Will MPX ever see the light of day?

I've been waiting for this since 2007!

Comment

Git repository can't be cloned, and when I try to browse the tree it says Invalid commit reference: e6e83d81ee7366779d600cbb128034e248815339

Comment

I, too, would like to see MPX. Not only could it potentially have nice features for multiple users using the same desktop and such, but if, say, one keyboard or mouse is locked up by a program, plugging in a second keyboard or mouse could spawn another user outside it who could maybe shut the troubled program down. Just a theory tho. =P

Comment

Working...
        X