Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a GEM that Microsoft recently got the patent on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a GEM that Microsoft recently got the patent on...

PatentStorm is a database and reference site containing information about current, pending, and expired U.S. and world patents.

Granted just last year. It kind of boggles the mind that the USPTO grants patents on this sort of stuff. It's almost as if they check to see that you've properly followed the process, if you're well-off, grant on the spot- if you're not they flip a coin and based on that, go looking for irrelevant things to "invalidate" your patent application (At least that's been my experience from the other end of that equation...)

If I had the money, I would have patented a whole crapload of stuff by now.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      I'm with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Let's gather together tons of money and find a lawyer who can manage to make a phrase sufficient such that we manage to patent the act of patenting things?

Comment

nanonyme, look up "Open Invention Network". This group does exactly what you mentioned.
          Last edited by SlickMcRunfast; 13 October 2009, 02:10 AM.

Comment

I think it should be easy to undermine. ATI introduced this function in Radeon 8500 as TrueForm tm.

Comment

Looking at the summary, it sounds like this only patents doing it in software before sending it to the graphics card... so just send the data to the card and do it using a shader instead.

Comment

Well, we can only be happy patents lasts 'only' 20 years. Copyright locks most of world heritage in exclusive control for much longer than you'll live. All thanks to The Disney Corporation.

Comment

Working...
                X