No announcement yet.

The Status Of Unigine's Linux-Compatible Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heroes of newerth just gave out 200,000 invites... also launched a website.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
      Hmmm I think I've lost episodes. Could someone enlighten me about this plz?
      Nothing's definitive yet, but Rage on Linux seems unlikely:

Comment

I've got Heroes of Newerth, no need for UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
          UT 3 is major fun and I'm still waiting for the day it'll be released for Linux
          The only thing, I can tell about UT3 for Linux is: "Holy Shit!"

HoN rulez

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
            Nothing's definitive yet, but Rage on Linux seems unlikely:
            http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18680
            I see, I see... but as far as I understand every future game from ID, not just Rage, is very unlikely to have a Linux port. Well I'm not surprised at all. I'm sure only Indie games will see a port to Linux from now on and not a single title from a big company and ofcourse not a AAA title. The only way Linux to get native ports is by market share improvement to an amount of 10%. But unlike Apple, no Linux company is able to make such a tremendous marketing. Thus, the only way for this to become a reality is Linux to be teached in elementary schools and to become like that, something common for the youngs and the average desktop user and not just an exotic OS.

Comment

HoN is a great design. But as an online only game its crap, just because of who else plays it. Worst online community i have ever seen.

- Hosts are always afk or you need to wait for their friends to arrive
              - servers lag, chat server never works.
              - Brazilians, not because they are Brazilian but because i have yet to play a game with them in HoN where i am not called the N word or someone brings up a 9/11 reference.
              - People think its dota, call it dota, use the dota names.
              - few if any will buy it.
              - People cant read.
              - Stat padding, its a frigin beta..

Man i could go on forever about why this game is a disgrace. None of this even S2's fault, just the retarded dota players who have no life and whos fun consists of making others feel miserable. I am in no position to call 200,000 people stupid but a fine example of this stupidity exists right here on phoronix.

I will make note, It runs a hell of alot better on ubuntu then Vista. I dont know how you people can put up with the players tho. Maybe its better on the European servers.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                HoN is a great design. But as an online only game its crap, just because of who else plays it. Worst online community i have ever seen.
                Well, you obviously never played dota.
                But yeah by now there are just too many old dota-players, which are just the worst kind of people you can find on the whole internet. But there's an easy workaround for that: Just play with your friends on the same team. That way it's a heck more fun anyway.
                Still I found even when playing public-games it's not too bad (maybe indeed because of the european servers?), and I'm pretty sure I'll buy this game when it comes out.

Comment

Will there be some sort of single player mode? L33F3R summed up why I don't really play online games. Bots are good enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                    Quake Live & Heroes Of Newerth. A great year for me, even though I know they aren't major high-end graphic titles.
                    I couldn't agree more, although I think you could call hon a high-end graphic if you check other linux-native games ;-)

Comment

hasn't been a good year for those publishers / developers either.

Wolfenstein and UT3 were both legit sales flops. UT3 sales didn't take off till it was playable under a WINE-type emulation system.

While their accountants may not want to think about it, outside evidence indicates that ignoring Linux has actively hurt the pocketbooks of ID and Epic.

Comment

Working...
                      X