Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Status Of Unigine's Linux-Compatible Game

Default The Status Of Unigine's Linux-Compatible Game

Phoronix: The Status Of Unigine's Linux-Compatible Game

Earlier this year we shared that Unigine was working on a new game that was being developed internally and would run on Linux with their continually improving game engine that already sets an OpenGL precedent on Linux. Following that we did a Linux interview with the Unigine developers to talk about their proprietary engine, gaming on Linux, etc...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzUyMw

Well, I wouldn't say, that this is not a god year for Linux games. I sh** on UT3 for Linux and wouldn't buy it anymore (not for 5). ID will come back (I belive ).

But we have something realy god in the pipeline. It's Heroes of Newerth. I love this game and I think it's one of the best/will be one of the bes Linux games ever.

World of Goo alone was a big win for linux gaming this year, but I guess it doesn't have a benchmarking mode

Default Linux Gaming

Actually, emerging cloud services for gaming (GaiKai, OnLive, both in Beta) might bring *lots* of great games to Linux as soon as next spring. Maybe we are just like in 2001, thinking if e-mail client as good as Outlook will be available on Linux too while something way better (gmail) was on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by whizse View Post
    World of Goo alone was a big win for linux gaming this year, but I guess it doesn't have a benchmarking mode
    Yes, World of Goo was a very good game. But it was a little bit short, for my taste.

UT 3 is major fun and I'm still waiting for the day it'll be released for Linux

dont hold ur breath

Exciting new developments in the area of longevity drugs means it's not too late for UT3 Linux!

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    With id Software shafting Linux users with their forthcoming engine/games...
    Hmmm I think I've lost episodes. Could someone enlighten me about this plz?

Quake Live & Heroes Of Newerth. A great year for me, even though I know they aren't major high-end graphic titles.