fullscreen 3D fglrx 9.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fullscreen 3D fglrx 9.8

i just bought a dell studio 1555 with an hd4570...
    i installed the latest fglrx driver and everything works perfectly, BUT
    when i have a fullscreen 3d application and i change the desktop the application is still displayed even though i can interact with the applications on the other desktop just fine.
    i tested this with compiz as well as metacity (without compositing) and both produce the same behaviour.

is nobody experiencing the same problem, or does nobody have a clue how to fix this?

Comment

I don't understand the problem you are describing; I imagine others might not as well. What is "the other desktop" ?
      Test signature

Comment

I think he means when you have 2 or more virtual desktops and on one is a 3d game/app, changing to the second should present you with a clear desktop and whatever apps were on there.

What happens though is the image of the 3d game/app stays displayed on screen even though you cant access it but you can access the app that should be there on the second desktop even though it's covered.

This happens to me as well, though I regard it as low priority.

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
          I think he means when you have 2 or more virtual desktops and on one is a 3d game/app, changing to the second should present you with a clear desktop and whatever apps were on there.

What happens though is the image of the 3d game/app stays displayed on screen even though you cant access it but you can access the app that should be there on the second desktop even though it's covered.

This happens to me as well, though I regard it as low priority.
          what storma said
          easily reprducable by starting glxgears with the -fullscreen option and then switching to another desktop/virtual desktop/workspace...

Comment

just wanted to bump the thread.
            is there nobody else with this problem!?

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
              is there nobody else with this problem!?
              I think everybody has it, and it is slightly annoying but I guess everyones priorities are for getting opengl bugs fixed, and hoping it will correct eventually.

Because of it, I started using a seperate X screen for any 3d apps which makes things much nicer, so it doesn't bother me so much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by poofyyoda View Post
                I think everybody has it, and it is slightly annoying but I guess everyones priorities are for getting opengl bugs fixed, and hoping it will correct eventually.

Because of it, I started using a seperate X screen for any 3d apps which makes things much nicer, so it doesn't bother me so much anymore.
                its really weird since 3d in windows works like a charm, but as soon as its fullscree everything goes crazy wrong.
                cant really imagine its so hard to fix, but yeah they probably have other priorities.

Comment

im reviving this thread since by now im a bit annoyed with this bug.
                  is there anything i can do to speed up the removal of this bug?

Comment

One workaround I've found is to use Xinerama (but I'm on a dual-screen setup -- I don't know if disabling RandR and enabling Xinerama on a single screen setup would do anything) -- it seems to disable that accelerated fullscreen behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                    X