Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r7xx DRI2 + 3D

Hi!

I'm using the experimental 3d driver (radeon 4850) and XRender for compositing in kde4.3. however, with compositing enabled I can't play (opengl) games in a window without getting terrible flickering. I guess I need DRI2 to get rid of this. so, how is it possible to get both (3d + dri2) working.

IIRC airlied just got 3D + DRI2 running a day or two ago. Not ready for general testing yet but I think he mentioned pushing something for initial testing in a week or so.
    Last edited by bridgman; 07 September 2009, 03:12 PM.
    Test signature

Comment

thanks bridgman !

I believe there will be enough (potential) testers when it gets into the repository

Comment

Is airlied equipped with r6xx/7xx cards, I thought he was mainly working on r<=500 ?!
        I didn't know dri2 was already "working" for r6xx and above.
        Well anyway that would be awesome for a .33 /.34 out of staging .

Comment

He should have a good selection. AFAIK the reason for doing <=5xx first was simply that all of the underlying code already existed for 2D, 3D and drm.

The hardware was probably better understood as well; we're still learning about 6xx/7xx as we go.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            He should have a good selection. AFAIK the reason for doing <=5xx first was simply that all of the underlying code already existed for 2D, 3D and drm.

The hardware was probably better understood as well; we're still learning about 6xx/7xx as we go.
            Afaik glisse was actively working on the r6xx/r7xx KMS and just passed the code a while ago to airlied so other people could try to take a look at the elusive bugs too. Dunno how they're spreading the development effort nowadays; still EXA issues to go.

Comment

Is airlied equipped with r6xx/7xx cards
              I've done some boot testing on my rs780, rv635, rv610 and rv730
              - http://airlied.livejournal.com/68097.html

Comment

i just compiled a kernel with drm-next, and it's working perfectly (besides some small corruption with kde opengl compositing), but why do I still get "direct rendering: No" with glxinfo. (radeon 4850)

Comment

Originally posted by dan.boff View Post
                  i just compiled a kernel with drm-next, and it's working perfectly (besides some small corruption with kde opengl compositing), but why do I still get "direct rendering: No" with glxinfo. (radeon 4850)
                  You need to build the r600 3D driver against libdrm_radeon.

Comment

hi!
                    thanks for you reply, but that's not the problem... I just ran glxinfo with LIBGL_DEBUG, and I shows
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /home/daniel/test//usr/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /home/daniel/test//usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
                    libGL error: dlopen /home/daniel/test//usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/home/daniel/test//usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

which is obviously not the correct path to r600_dri.so (which should be /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so)

so, how do I change the path to the right directory?

edit: I just solved my problem: there was still script of fglrx in my profile.d from long ago, I didn't notice it for so long, because I never excepted DRI to work with the opensource driver at this time. now direct rendering is working, huhu!!
                    Last edited by dan.boff; 16 September 2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X