No announcement yet.

(R500, radeon, x64) games segfaulting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upon further Reading of The F'ing Manual (c), the environment variable is named LIBGL_DRIVER_DIR, right?: http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/UserDoc.html
    Also the original issue was with r500 and is unrelated to yours.
    My apologies if I thread-jacked and thanks to those who enlightened me.

Ok:
    Code:
    $ ~/Desktop/glxinfo 
    name of display: :0.0
    libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.3.0 r600 (screen 0)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri//tls/r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri//r600_dri.so
    libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri//r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri//r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri//tls/swrast_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri//swrast_dri.so
    display: :0  screen: 0
    direct rendering: Yes

Comment

You probably didn't compile a 32bit dri library.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        Upon further Reading of The F'ing Manual (c), the environment variable is named LIBGL_DRIVER_DIR, right?: http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/UserDoc.html
        Wrong.
        LIBGL_DRIVER_DIR isn't even in your link, LIBGL_DRIVERS_DIR is, but It didn't worked for me(actually it did, I just unset LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH to make it). I'm sure that LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH is working.
        My apologies if I thread-jacked and thanks to those who enlightened me.
        Your problems looks similar, it doesn't mean that it will turn out to be similar. It can be completely different, but for now there is no data to say it is in one way or another.
        After all OP might lack /usr/lib32/dri/r300_dri.so or libGL.so.1 wasn't searching for it there.

Ok:
        Code:
        $ ~/Desktop/glxinfo 
        name of display: :0.0
        libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.3.0 r600 (screen 0)
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri//tls/r600_dri.so
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri//r600_dri.so
        libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri//r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri//r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
        libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
        Install 32bit mesa that have r600 driver.

Code:
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri//tls/swrast_dri.so
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri//swrast_dri.so
        display: :0  screen: 0
        direct rendering: Yes
        Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

On Ubuntu, a lot of the Debian ia32 packages are combined into 'ia32-libs' package. I have this package installed and it provides 32-bit versions of mesa libGL and the DRI drivers (the DRI drivers are installed in /usr/lib32/dri).
        I didn't saw this when I first time read your post. So I will answer it here. ia32-libs is old and definitely doesn't have R600 driver: r600_dri.so.
        Install 32bit mesa that have r600 driver.
        Last edited by sobkas; 10 October 2009, 11:41 PM.
        RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

That's assuming there's any packages that have support for r600... Otherwise you have to do --enable-32-bit to force building of 32bit libraries on a 64bit platform or however the build process for multilib goes...

Comment

Hooray, it works!
            basically, sobkas' trick with pointing to /usr/lib32/dri did the trick for me:
            First of all, /usr/lib32/libGL.so.1 might not seek dri drivers in /usr/lib32/dri but only in /usr/lib/dri.
            You can try to fix it by setting this:
            LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib32/dri:/usr/lib/dri
            eg.
            Code:
            Code:
            LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib32/dri:/usr/lib/dri /usr/local/games/testtool
            now testtool outputs
            Code:
            Graphics Test
            -------------
            Looking for OpenGL library
            Rejecting /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 - wrong architecture
            Rejecting /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 - wrong architecture
            Accepting /usr/lib32/libGL.so.1
              Card detected as DRI R300 Project Mesa DRI R300 20060815 x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE2 TCL
              Direct Rendering: Yes
              Card memory detected as 256MB
              Card antialiasing level 0x
              Card anisotropic level 16x
              Card shader level 2.0
            , notice the changed card capabilities and the direct rendering
            I had to experiment a bit with some libraries (ia32-apt-get didn't work for me; the program wouldn't show up after installation, however the lists were fetched with the normal apt-get, and some mismatch error message was given. I suppose that has to do with some debian repositories that ia32-apt-get seemingly introduced into the repository-list. I didn't bother to investigate deeper and removed it again; the ia32-tools convert didn't work for me either).
            After reinstalling ia32-libs, i could start the x2_demo and it worked. I'm trying to figure out what exactly prevented it in the first place, but as for now i suppose that some tinkering with getlibs previous to my first post here caused the stress.

Now, dpkg -S shows that all libs in /usr/lib32 i looked into came from ia32-libs (such as libGL, r300_dri, libdrm), and i look forward to buying the full game

The updated kernel from the xorg-edgers ppa didn't seem to have changed anything with regard to these games.

If i find out what caused the games to (mal) function, i'll also post it in this thread.

Comment

Working...
            X