No announcement yet.

EU probes Oracle-Sun deal, cites open-source issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol i wake up to find people are arguing with me over things i agree with them on.

I will make a few factual notes this time tho. For the sake of clarity. Oh and LenS thats too much for me to read, After i woke up.

The WTO, is useless. Up here we always get shafted trade wise by the Americans. China consistently manipulates the system. The worlds 2 major powers could give less about the WTO, and they should. The WTO has no real power to do anything. Anything you have ever been told about a global institution being stable or functional is a load of crap unless it has a military to back it up. As i grow older i realise more and more how political power and military power go hand in hand.

Corporate Lobbying is a problem, especially in the US. I dont think the republican party would be able to stand on its feet without the corporate donations. Should they be allowed to do this? well theres 2 ways to look at it. Corporations pay alot on taxes, but at the same time they can influence the environment to pay less of them. Its a trade off that largely boils down to personal preference because a real answer doesnt exist.

Brainwashing is happening. Yes it is happening in the US alot, but it happens everywhere. It happens in capitalist nations. It happens in North Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
      Chrysler also had lots of debt with America, patents, who knows what else. For these reasons its no wonder they had to get involved. A similar thing happened when a chinese company wanted to buy some oil company a while back. It was stopped because it would mean the chinese could get technology that had military uses. This is protecting the people, not penalising a company for being too big. It came down to politics.
      Of course, oil - military?? No its just cause they are scared the chinese will become too powerful. And protecting who? The people? No, their money.

The Chinese have much easier ways to get american technologies. Its called plain corruption - quite easy to do especially in these times of uncertain incomes

personal freedoms are respected to an extreme.
      Really? Where are you from? That is far far from true. Lets have a look at racism for example. Well I guess you could say allowing racism is a personal freedom.... Freedom of speech? Wait no they dont have that - bush made sure to take what little was left.

When the EU gets into bed with these major corporations it is doing so under the assumption that it will get what it wants.
      Well of course. They only control the EU market - so they cant exactly loose... I dont see your point, you only 'go to bed' with someone under the assumption you'll get what you want. If you want a cuddle and you know you aint gonna get one, you dont go to bed with someone who you are sure wont give you one ;-)

I said it and ill say it again, the world runs on MS/Intel. if an economy took out the systems it uses to operate then you have no economy.
      So? Doesnt mean it cant change.
      Plus banking systems, pretty much all run unix, and currently the rule america... Look at the TOP500 - also probably the most expensive computers. 5 (I think its the right number) run windows. I wouldnt say thats rulling the world.

And anyways who said antyhing about removing those systems? Even if microsoft was banned from selling in europe, it wouldnt mean people have to uninstall all their windows licenses!

Yes it is happening in the US alot, but it happens everywhere. It happens in capitalist nations. It happens in North Korea.
      But only in the US do 50% of the population think einstein is american....

Cant believe you compared the USA as worst than North Korea. Respect.
      Last edited by lordmozilla; 08 September 2009, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post
        But only in the US do 50% of the population think einstein is american....
        In fairness, Einstein *did* become a US citizen in 1940 so calling him "American" isn't such a stretch. I think most Americans understand that he was not "Born in the USA".
        Test signature

Comment

lordmozilla, im afraid you greatly perverted my words. To such a degree its probably not worth noting but because i have all day i might as well.

-everyone is scared the Chinese will get too powerful, especially Europe. but even the Chinese know that there will be no winner of world war 3. Europe is becoming a group of welfare states, and like Canada they can reduce the size of their military(s) because of the NATO nuclear umbrella provided by the united states. So back to the basics, who has anything to lose? well, the US wants the "empire" as i will call it to be far lasting and to do that it needs europe. On the flipside, Europe needs that umbrella of protection. However more and more people are coming out and saying that such provided protection is a fallacy. What does this have to do with oracle and sun? well it mostly comes down to technology. Name 1 mainstream European semiconductor company. Guess what, all the best ones are in america. And corruption, is far less prevelent then you are led to belive. For example the Russians once had clones of an old intel processor. Today they are worried how so many of the worlds supercomputers are built in the united states. If such corruption was as widespread as you believe, then the Chinese wouldn't have gotten the F16 design plans from the Israelites, they would have got it from the state department. Should such technology be leaked they wouldn't be using ak-47's and various other 50 year old technologies.

Your bush spur is totally opinionated. Racism is everywhere, whether you believe it is or not. Playing HoN alone, i had Brazilians screaming out 9/11 and the "n" word because i spoke english. They have no idea about either of these concepts. Regardless of your personal opinions, they love their constitution and so do their courts.

I have fallen into said bed trap before. Awkward circumstances. Now i have call her my gf and have for over a year.

500 supercomputers dont run a country. M$ windows is the choice of many for the backend because people are stupid. You cant deny people are stupid . For the front end, its almost all M$ windows. And no you dont need to remove hardware or licences, however M$ could block updates and computer hardware goes obsolete very quickly.

And no i did not say the usa was worse then north korea. Please read again.

Comment

Name 1 mainstream European semiconductor company.
            Philips aka NXP Semiconductors

Comment

Philips still alive?

Comment

Europe is becoming a group of welfare states
                LOL, you have been watching too much Fox News.

Comment

Philips still alive?
                  Very much so.

Comment

-everyone is scared the Chinese will get too powerful, especially Europe.
                    And at the same time we in Europe are trying to sell as much of our University-level know-how to China? Does not compute. :3

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                      LOL, you have been watching too much Fox News.
                      your right. I watch it for the ranting stupid peoples

rly though. less and less military funding and more and more healthcare, welfare, w/e else funding. Whether this is a good or bad thing is debatable.

I noticed Chinese people are in like, every university... Maybe they charge them a premium?

Comment

Working...
                      X