A lot of problems getting test suite to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of problems getting test suite to work

I have been trying to get the Phoronix test suite to work for a few days now and I keep getting the same errors. I am running OpenSUSE 11.1, and I have all the development packages required to run PTS, and quite a few others.

When I type in phoronix-test-suite in the terminal I get this error before the options come up: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/phoronix-test-suite.php on line 43

If I try to run the gui I get a message saying that the PHP GTK module must be loaded for the gui and: PHP Notice: Undefined index: TERM in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/options/gui_gtk.php on line 35

I have the PHP GTK module installed though.

If I just try running a test like lightsmark, it asks for the resolution I want to run it at and if I want to save the results, but on every test run I get: ./backend: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeimage.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have no idea what I should do to fix this.

Those PHP messages you show are just warnings/notices and aren't impacting anything. Regarding the libfreeimage.so.3 problem, OpenSuSE must be missing a dependency. In your package manager see that you have freeimage3 installed or something called similar to that.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ah, with the addition of one more file that fixed it. The gui still has the same error, but that is no big deal. I am having more problems though, I am trying to run the unigine tests, and though it attempts to start (the screen flashes for a second) it immediately fails. Here is what it comes out with:

Comment

Engine::init(): clear video settings for "Quadro FX 4000 AGP 185.18.36"

Unigine fatal error
        Engine::init(): clear video settings for "Quadro FX 4000 AGP 185.18.36"
        Received illegal instruction signal

Loading "/home/seth/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/unigine-sanctuary/sanctuary/bin/../data/unigine.cfg"...
        Loading "libGL.so.1"...
        Set 1680x1050 fullscreen video mode
        Set 1.00 gamma value
        Unigine engine http://unigine.com/
        Binary: Linux 32bit GCC 4.3.3 Release May 26 2009
        App path: /home/seth/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/unigine-sanctuary/sanctuary/bin/
        Data path: /home/seth/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/unigine-sanctuary/sanctuary/data/
        Save path: /home/seth/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/unigine-sanctuary//.Unigine Sanctuary/

---- System ----
        System: Linux 2.6.27.29-0.1-default x86_64
        CPU: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 246 1994MHz MMX+ 3DNow!+ SSE SSE2
        GPU: Quadro FX 4000 AGP 185.18.36
        System memory: 3013 Mb
        Video memory: 256 Mb

---- MathLib ----
        Set SSE simd processor

---- Sound ----
        NULL

---- Render ----
        Renderer: NVIDIA NV40 256Mb
        OpenGL vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
        OpenGL renderer: Quadro FX 4000/AGP/SSE2
        OpenGL version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 185.18.36
        Found GL_ARB_map_buffer_range
        Found GL_ARB_vertex_array_object
        Found GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
        Found GL_ARB_half_float_vertex
        Found GL_ARB_occlusion_query
        Found GL_EXT_texture3D
        Found GL_EXT_texture_sRGB
        Found GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
        Found GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp
        Found GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp
        Found GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
        Found GL_ARB_vertex_program
        Found GL_ARB_fragment_program
        Found GL_ARB_shader_object
        Found GL_ARB_vertex_shader
        Found GL_ARB_fragment_shader
        Found GL_ARB_depth_texture
        Found GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil
        Found GL_ARB_framebuffer_object
        Found GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit
        Found GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample
        Found GL_ARB_draw_buffers
        Found GL_ARB_map_buffer_range
        Found GL_NV_vertex_program3
        Found GL_NV_fragment_program
        Found GL_NV_fragment_program2
        Found GL_EXT_Cg_shader
        Found GL_ARB_texture_compression
        Found GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
        Found GL_NV_texture_expand_normal
        Shading language: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
        Maximum texture units: 16
        Maximum texture size: 4096
        Maximum draw buffers: 4

---- Physics ----
        Physics: Multi-threaded

---- Interpreter ----
        Version: 2.23

Loading "sanctuary/unigine.cpp" 172ms
        Shutdown

This error leaves me even more lost than the one for lightsmark. This is one of the test I am most interested in too. Any ideas?

Comment

Looks to be some error within the Unigine engine itself. Try upgrading or changing your driver perhaps.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well, I emailed Unigine and turns out that it is a problem with their software... it doesn't support Quadro cards.

Comment

I also seem to be having an issue with quake4, i get this error when tryign to run it: ./bin/Linux/x86/quake4.x86: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have SDL installed, but I am not sure where it is looking for the file. The folder that contains quake4.x86 does not have it in there, but adding a copy didn't help. It may be that I have the 64bit version and it can't use it, I found a 32bit version, but I have no idea where to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by hitokiri View Post
                I also seem to be having an issue with quake4, i get this error when tryign to run it: ./bin/Linux/x86/quake4.x86: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have SDL installed, but I am not sure where it is looking for the file. The folder that contains quake4.x86 does not have it in there, but adding a copy didn't help. It may be that I have the 64bit version and it can't use it, I found a 32bit version, but I have no idea where to put it.
                If you don't have the 32-bit compatibility libraries installed your gonna have a lot of issues (with the tests that only have 32-bit binaries). You shouldn't have to put it anywhere. Just install the SDL rpms that end in -32bit from yast.

Comment

Working...
                X