Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" Alpha 5 Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" Alpha 5 Released

In just under two months there will be the release of Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala", but until then, there is the continual stream of new test releases. The latest test release to emerge from the Canonical camp is Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Alpha 5 brings 2.6.31rc8 not rc5.

Edit: Well I can't install it.
    GRUB2 doesn't find anything after a fresh installation on my test-notebook. It goes straight into rescue mode.

And thats really stupid:

grub rescue> help
    Unknown command 'help'
    Try 'help' for usage
    grub rescue>
    Yeah, help my ass.
    Last edited by izual; 03 September 2009, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by izual View Post
      Alpha 5 brings 2.6.31rc8 not rc5.

Edit: Well I can't install it.
      GRUB2 doesn't find anything after a fresh installation on my test-notebook. It goes straight into rescue mode.

And thats really stupid:

Yeah, help my ass.
      Don't despair. It's just trying to be helpful.

Comment

hope they get rid of the 2 nasty bugs... one is(was maybe) mounting ntfs in kubuntu and second was to use my nokia as modem.(worked in 9.04, but not in 9.10). to bad i have a dial up connection, i cant make the necesary updates now

Comment

My Notebook has just a single SATA Drive and my my root partition has just a size of 25 GB. Maybe it's this new Kubuntu installer. I'll try the alternate install cd next.

Edit: Fail again.
          Ok, If they insist I'll install 9.04 and update to 9.10. I hate grub2.
          Last edited by izual; 04 September 2009, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I would like to know when will Wubi support fake-raid/SATA drives.

Comment

Originally posted by izual View Post
              My Notebook has just a single SATA Drive and my my root partition has just a size of 25 GB. Maybe it's this new Kubuntu installer. I'll try the alternate install cd next.

Edit: Fail again.
              Ok, If they insist I'll install 9.04 and update to 9.10. I hate grub2.
              You could try the daily cds images, maybe it is fixed.

Or the old alpha 4.

Comment

KK Alpha 5 sucks, imho. I cannot get it to properly run on a Thinkpad T41. I get a disk failure warning and soon after the boot, a crash that locks everything up so that I have to restart the machine. What do they say nowadays in net lingo?: epic fail?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                X