Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrossOver Games 8.0 Released

Phoronix: CrossOver Games 8.0 Released

On the same day as the Wine 1.1.29 release and a month and a half since the release of CrossOver Office 8.0, the 8.0 release of CrossOver Games is now available to CodeWeaver customers. Among the games that are now supported under CrossOver Games 8.0 and later include Left4Dead, Perfect World, and Tales of Monkey Island...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hooray! I subscribe to Crossover Games mainly to support Wine, and I've had troubles with TF2 since the Scout update - hopefully this fixes it

Comment

Since Crossover keeps quite a bit to themself, I'd personally rather just donate to the Wine project But it's your money, your choice -- of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranguvar View Post
        Since Crossover keeps quite a bit to themself, I'd personally rather just donate to the Wine project But it's your money, your choice -- of course.
        Unless you have some good examples, I'd beg to differ here. The only thing Crossover (which is run by the people who develop Wine) keeps is a large collection of hacks, almost-working, and other such loose ends- which wouldn't be accepted in the Wine tree anyway, because of they prefer clean, non-hacky code there.

They also have some blogs there on the site.

Comment

The only things Crossover keeps to itself are the tools. The source code is all available and the main difference between Wine are hacks. Codeweavers does a big portion (~50%) of all Wine development.

Comment

Working...
          X