Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoN stats viewer plasmoid

Hello

I am working with a stats-viewer plasmoid for Heroes of Newerth and need some feedback.
    I'm done with the basic plasma-engine, which fetch data from the Heroes of Newerth servers. But as it is my first time making a plasmoid, I need som graphical feedback.

This is how it looks like for now, with two different plasma-themes:

Some ideas I have myself I would like to implement:
    - An exp-bar, where you can see when you lvl-up.
    - Some up/down arrows to illustrate how much you have gone up in kills and down in deaths since last game.

Plz come with critism and new ideas. The previews haven't taken much time to make, so I don't mind change it completely :P

Looks fine.
    But how about including your ranking (http://www.honage.net/ladder/) and PSR?

Comment

@Zhick

Got it.

But What would be the most important thing to include? I don't want the plasmoid to be too big.

EDIT:
      I could skip "Played" and "Last Online" and replace them by a exp bar, ranking and PSR?

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
        I could skip "Played" and "Last Online" and replace them by a exp bar, ranking and PSR?
        Sounds good. Last Online might be a little bit interesting for watching your friends, but PSR and Ranking are imho definitely more important.
        And what does "Status: ok" mean? Maybe you could replace that with "Status: Online/Offline/Ingame", so you'd know if it's worth firing up HoN for a quick game with your friends just by looking at your desktop.

BTW I volunteer as beta-tester if you need any.

Comment

Its actually the purpose of status. It just doesn't tell you when you are online yet. And I will remove it from the current position.

I consider a configuration menu, where you can choose what to display and were. Or don't the user wan't it to be that customizable?

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
            I consider a configuration menu, where you can choose what to display and were. Or don't the user wan't it to be that customizable?
            Well, KDE-users usually like configurability, so I guess it's safe to add as many options as you can come up with.
            Kopete has a very nice function to modify the look of the contact-list (which I to be honest never use), maybe you could look at that for inspiration (maybe you could even reuse some of the source?) if you want to take the configurability to the max.

Comment

looks amazing.

Too bad like the key request thread, The majority of HoN is assholes and idiots . A wonderful game and tball, those look great, but if you put that anywhere else besides phoronix you will most likely get flamed and cursed for no particular reason. I dont think its a linux thing so much as DOTA thing...

L33F3R gives you an 9.2/10

Comment

@Zhick

I will take a look at kopete then. :-)
                You are welcome to be a beta tester, but right now it isn't even alpha.

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                looks amazing.

Too bad like the key request thread, The majority of HoN is assholes and idiots . A wonderful game and tball, those look great, but if you put that anywhere else besides phoronix you will most likely get flamed and cursed for no particular reason. I dont think its a linux thing so much as DOTA thing...

L33F3R gives you an 9.2/10
                Thats the very reason I posted it here at phoronix ;-) I know this place contains "sane" peoples.

But thx. Though the apperance might change a lot at this time.

EDIT:
                Something to add: people have their fully right to say its buttugly.
                Last edited by tball; 02 September 2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

On the subject of status and PSR/ranking. With status just being a 0/1 state, you could replace that with a red/green circle, a cross/tick next to the name and freeing up the space for PSR/ranking.

Comment

@storma

God idea.

I am about to completely rewrite the gui, and make it as customizable as posible.

Comment

Working...
                    X