Recent git change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent git change

This thread for whining (I mean providing feedback) about how recent changes to code in git might not be quite optimum.

All was working fairly well yesterday for 780g integrated (hd3200 r6xx) but downloaded and compiled gits today and dri is dead. Feedback is:
    Code:
    (EE) RADEON(0): [pci] Out of memory (-12)
    (EE) RADEON(0): [pci] PCI failed to initialize. Disabling the DRI.
    (EE) RADEON(0): Acceleration initialization failed
    Above with radeon (xf86...ati)

When trying radeonhd I get snow for glxgears.

run 'make clean' before rebuilding mesa.

Comment

I have a script that does git pull, then copies code to clear subdirectory in /tmp. So make clean not needed.

I reloaded machine just now and same errors not there. This is the 1st or 2nd time I can remember getting this memory error evidently fixed after rebooting.

Normally, if I rebuild drm, I rmmod drm and radeon and then modprobe them again to get newer ones loaded but I don't reboot. Then startx works.

If there are no changes to drm (your drm), I don't do this but I do exit X. Is it possible that is the cause? Somehow radeon xorg drivers remain linked to drm modules?

Comment

Just a note: userspace drivers don't get linked with DRM modules, they get linked with libdrm. DRM modules are part of kernel and completely separate.

Comment

Todays git changes fixed glxgears snow and its score is back to what it was a few days ago. No noticable changes to eduke32, sdlquake2, or openarena.

Comment

Working...
          X