• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Wow, interesting link. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
      Spell checker (finally!)
      Opera 9 had spell check it just wasn't automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
        Opera 9 had spell check it just wasn't automatic.
        Ok, changet that to[*]Automatic spell checking (finally!)

Actually Opera 9 had a UserJS that added automatic spell checking, but the current solution is way superior.

Another nice touch in Opera. Minimum requirements: 20MB disk space. Recommended requirements: Pentium 2 and 64MB RAM.

On TechReport, someone tested Opera 9 in such a configuration (original Pentium 100MHz, 32MB RAM, Windows 95) and it actually worked! No other modern browser managed that. I don't know how its engineers managed that, but it's a pretty impressive feat of engineering.

Comment

I don't know how its engineers managed that, but it's a pretty impressive feat of engineering.
          It really shouldn't be imo... That's how it's supposed to work. A good reminder of how sorry state modern software has ended up being in because people stop caring about yesterday's hardware and instead have today's hardware minimum requiremetns and rely on that tomorrow's hardware will be able to run it fluidly.

Comment

I just tried it and it totally sucks. It doesn't even look like a native application. It totally ignores GUI integration.

No, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              I just tried it and it totally sucks. It doesn't even look like a native application. It totally ignores GUI integration.
              Press Shift-F12 (Tools->Appearance) and pick one of the native skins. Problem solved.

Besides, this non-native but uniform appearance is a strength for those of us that use many operating systems. There was a poll last year about what people wanted for a new skin and that was the first result.

Or do you consider Firefox as a 'native-looking' application?

Comment

Press Shift-F12 (Tools->Appearance) and pick one of the native skins. Problem solved.
                There's no such thing.

Or do you consider Firefox as a 'native-looking' application?
                At least it obeys my Gtk style selection.

Comment

It would be nicer if the menu strip would obey appearance changes.

Comment

Originally posted by poofyyoda View Post
                    It would be nicer if the menu strip would obey appearance changes.
                    Agreed, that's been bugging me since forever. At least Opera 10 allows you to hide the menu strip into a button out of the box (File -> show menu strip) - I used to hunt down custom buttons to do this in older versions.

Comment

Working...
                    X