Opera 10.0 Browser Released With New Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    On TechReport, someone tested Opera 9 in such a configuration (original Pentium 100MHz, 32MB RAM, Windows 95) and it actually worked! No other modern browser managed that. I don't know how its engineers managed that, but it's a pretty impressive feat of engineering.
    Looks like Opera Engineers took a look at how linux kernel manages the memory.This means that linux is becoming more and more important.

Comment

YARLY!

Those are just themes. Opera doesn't use my Qt style. Who said anything about Oxygen? It's stupid to have Opera look like Oxygen while I'm using QtCurve (which Firefox uses without problems; the Gtk version of QtCurve.)

Use the Qt4 build.
      I do (did). opera-10.00.gcc4-qt4.x86_64.tar.bz2.
      Last edited by RealNC; 03 September 2009, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        YARLY!

Those are just themes. Opera doesn't use my Qt style. Who said anything about Oxygen? It's stupid to have Opera look like Oxygen while I'm using QtCurve (which Firefox uses without problems; the Gtk version of QtCurve.)

I do (did). opera-10.00.gcc4-qt4.x86_64.tar.bz2.
        Guess I still have good reason to hate Opera then.

Comment

Opera 10 0 Browser Released With New Interface

I thought I had been identified as a tester, but I have not received any information about a link or a private section which each of you will be able to access. Has this already happened and I was left out of testing?

Comment

Well, thought I'd pop this in here. Just ran the browser benchmark, Peacekeeper, over at futuremark. Guess what browser came up dead last in linux?

Before anybody asks, no plug-ins were installed on FF.

Comment

I think Opera initially took step into wrong direction. Right now, Opera tries to be a Jack of all trades. There's a browser, Bittorrent client, Email client, IRC client, Opera Unity, widgets and whatnot. I cannot say anything about the quality and the feature set of these parts because I haven't used Opera much, but it must be a hell to maintain all of them.

Implementing a good support for extensions would be awesome. This way Opera can lure much more people and give a good competition for that train wreck that is Firefox.

Comment

Deanjo, you forgot to add a FF under Wine benchmark
                Last edited by Jimmy; 06 September 2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

@deanjo: On what architecture did you run this tests? Firefoxs' new JavaScript VM doesn't work on x86_64 yet (but hopefully soon), so if you're running a 64bit Firefox that explains your result.
                  The official results on the peacekeeper website (as displayed when you finish benchmarking your browser) also seem to indicate that Firefox 3.5 is actually slightly faster than Opera when the new VM is used (I guess they ran their tests on x86 Windows).
                  Last edited by Zhick; 06 September 2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X