Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenCL Support Atop Gallium3D Is Here, Sort Of

Phoronix: OpenCL Support Atop Gallium3D Is Here, Sort Of

OpenCL is present in NVIDIA's Linux driver as well as the just-released Mac OS X 10.6, but there is support for the Open Computing Language coming forward in the open-source world through the Gallium3D driver infrastructure.Back in February we heard a goal of having OpenCL in Gallium3D by this summer and then in May we heard that it was hopefully soon along with an OpenGL 3.1 state tracker. Well, it's just about September and the summer is nearing an end, but we now have OpenCL support in the works.Over on the FreeDesktop.org Git server is now a mesa/clover repository...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any card/driver that you can test Gallium3d and its features (ie opencl) NOW????

Comment

i dont know about linux but afaik both the ati and nvidia beta windows drivers support it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
        i dont know about linux but afaik both the ati and nvidia beta windows drivers support it.
        He was asking about Gallium3D and not about OpenCL
        Nothing's really stable right now AFAIK, but the intel and radeon drivers do have little support in some branch I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
          He was asking about Gallium3D and not about OpenCL
          Nothing's really stable right now AFAIK, but the intel and radeon drivers do have little support in some branch I think.
          note to myself:
          read the posts you are replying to.

Comment

really nice!

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
              Is there any card/driver that you can test Gallium3d and its features (ie opencl) NOW????

I suspect Intel might be best bet still. radeon and Nouveau are just still getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                I suspect Intel might be best bet still. radeon and Nouveau are just still getting there.
                From a while ago...

T 1249065383 18<idr> I guess that will depend on what VMware's priorities are. We (Intel) aren't using Gallium, so I'm almost completely out of the loop there.
                T 1249065429 18<idr> The GL_ARB_geometry_shader spec was updated with 3.2 interactions.
                T 1249065534 31<michaellarabel>30 Intel will not be switching to Gallium3D once it has matured?
                T 1249065578 18<idr> I don't know, The problem is, and always has been, that we'd have to completely re-write our driver.
                T 1249065682 31<michaellarabel>30 Do you have any plans to bring OGL 3.x to classic Mesa?
                T 1249065813 18<idr> Since we just wrapped up our Q2 release, we're still formulating our future plans.
                T 1249065948 31<michaellarabel>30 Okay.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                  Actually, I think that Nouveau on nv40 cards used to be the most complete of the Gallium drivers for real 3D hardware. It might still be, actually.

Comment

TG/VMWare was also working on a driver for Cell processors IIRC.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X