abit NF-M2 nView Linux troubles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abit NF-M2 nView Linux troubles.

I stumbled across a review here for this motherboard, and it mentioned it was well suited for Linux. I've been trying to get Ubuntu 6.10 running on it for the last two days with limited success.

Mainly I can't get the graphics installed. Is the graphics installation process for the onboard graphics the same is if they were not onboard? I get an error that says "Failed to load module "wfb"" and then it aborts. I'm told it might be a bug, but if anyone knows anything or has any suggestions, please let me know! I'm tired already of using the VESA driver!

Thanks.

Yes, it should be the same process for the NVIDIA drivers. How are you trying to install them? What NVIDIA driver version?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I followed several of the guides described at ubuntu.com before giving up and going back to windows. It was a sad day. I spent 3 days trying to get them up and running.

I appreciate you help. I love GNU/Linux and the ideas it represents, but I just don't seem smart enough to get it going. Anyways. Linux increases by leaps and bounds every month. I'll try again in 6 months or so.

Cheers to all, and keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
      X