No announcement yet.

Mac OS X 10.6 Brings Serious Performance Gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really do NOT WANT any Apple product review on Phoronix!!!!

we remain friendly and interested in other BSD and UNIX operating systems too, including Mac OS X
    I totally disagree.

I'm not friendly with Apple, not at all.

I really do not like any Apple locked-in products review here on Phoronix. I was thinking about support Phoronix with donation and subscribe service, but if you continue with this advertising for Apple Locked-in stealed opensource software, i will unsubscribe from this site and i think a lot of people who think about REAL opensource software and company business.

I really like your site and your great work, but i think it's also right to talk about what's it's not good on your site, IMHO. Just my 2 cents, Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty View Post
      I totally disagree.

I really do not like any Apple locked-in products review here on Phoronix. I was thinking about support Phoronix with donation and subscribe service, but if you continue with this advertising for Apple Locked-in stealed opensource software, i will unsubscribe from this site and i think a lot of people who think about REAL opensource software and company business.

I really like your site and your great work, but i think it's also right to talk about what's it's not good on your site, IMHO. Just my 2 cents, Michael.
      FYI, the opensource that Apple uses remains opensource. It also abides by their respective licences. Apple also sponsors or owns opensource projects such as openCL, CUPS, LLVM, Clang, webkit, etc.. Sounds like your more pissed off that Apple is not completely open source to which I would love to point out that the biggest linux contributors also have their completely closed projects.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty View Post
        I totally disagree.

Well, I dislike also Apple and Maco$X much more than window$ even and hell noone can feel how MUCH I dislike window$ But the best way to see the achievements and performance of free software is to benchmark them all together. While is nice to compare Ubuntu vs Fedora and see the possible boosts and regressions with the newer kernels and xorg, the biggest deal is to see the progress that Linux, OpenSolaris etc have made so far against the commercial competitors if we want one day to see a larger adoption of Linux around the world. Don't tell me that you didn't like that last article when Ubuntu 64 screwed Maco$X
        Last edited by Apopas; 29 August 2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          Well, I dislike also Apple and Maco$X much more than window$ even and hell noone can feel how MUCH I dislike window$ But the best way to see the achievements and performance of free software is to benchmark them all together. While is nice to compare Ubuntu vs Fedora and see the possible boosts and regressions with the newer kernels and xorg, the biggest deal is to see the progress that Linux, OpenSolaris etc have made so far against the commercial competitors if we want one day to see a larger adoption of Linux around the world. Don't tell me that you didn't like that last article when Ubuntu 64 screwed Maco$X
          Nothing would ever improve if you didn't compare your solution to the alternatives. Competition breed innovation.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Nothing would ever improve if you didn't compare your solution to the alternatives. Competition breed innovation.
            Did I say something different?

Comment

Did I say something different?
              Nope, just agreeing with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                Nope, just agreeing with ya.
                That's really weird
                Usually you put words in my keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  "Don't tell me that you didn't like that last article when Ubuntu 64 screwed Maco$X "

Helll we wana see this! :-) gogogogogogooooo :-)
                  The last I said not the next, but I doubt we will see any big surprises in the next as well, just be patient hihihihihi

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                    If something in macos10.6 using OpenCL the OpenGL speed lose is simpel the VGA switches from OpenCL to OpenGL and back everytime.

Futur OpenGL versions will fix this problem and the openCL and OpenGL can run in the same hartware at the same time.
                    Again you have NO clue on openCL. openCL has to be called upon dumbass by the code of the app. It is NOT a "automagic" situation where OS X says "Oh gee, lets see if I can run this with openCL first". Seriously, keep your comments to something you have a clue about.

Comment

But the best way to see the achievements and performance of free software is to benchmark them all together.
                      I'm not against competitive benchmark with all OS, that's a good thing.

But this article sounds to me a little too happy about Osx Blob locked-in software, so more than a simple benchmark, that, IMHO, it's REALLY bad.

Sentences where Michael state "we remain friendly and interested in other BSD and UNIX operating systems too, including Mac OS X", it's not good, to me.
                      Of course it's only my opinion.

A little example: you CAN'T do any benchmark with OSX if do not buy his Intel PC hardware, that is a perfectly a clone of a normal PC. It's NOT legal to use Osx on normal PC. It's a stupid RESTRICTION.

IMHO, also only this basic motivation it's enough to ban Osx from any real benchmark. You know: the company behind Osx say that is ILLEGAL to use Osx also if the Hardware it's Exaclty the same, without his ridiculos fanatic snob brandname on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X